PDA

View Full Version : CALL FOR ARTISTS (Pacific North West and beyond)

Valri Ary
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Submission Guidelines at VERITAS of OLYMPIA

Portfolio Review at VERITAS

We love looking at new art and review work from dozens of prospective artists each month. VERITAS is a non profit community visual and performing arts cafe that is committed to showing original, high quality fine art that our customers can enjoy at affordable prices. VERITAS receives a 40% commission for all sold work.VERITAS specializes in original paintings. We also exhibit giclees, photography and all other 2-D work that can be hung on our walls. If you decide to submit your work, here is the procedure:

1. Emailed submission of artwork is accepted and required for initial review for all artists seeking representation at VERITAS. Include a resume, cover letter, and statement about your art.Electronic portfolios or Web site links can be e-mailed to [email protected]

2. If you do not have means to send images via email, please call Valri Ary of VERITAS for other arrangements to ensure proper mailing procedures & handling. (360) 402-2280.

3. If you have any inquiries, please send an email follow up for any images sent.

4. Any slide submittal must have a SASE with sufficient postage for return. VERITAS is not liable for lost or damaged slides or materials sent.

5. Work will be reviewed as it is received, and selection will be based on a jury from VERITAS staff.

6. Work is assessed for its quality, originality, and potential to enhance the collection exhibited by the gallery. Our artists vary widely in terms of their age, education and experience; some VERITAS artists have MFA degrees, others are self-taught. We represent artists who have exhibited in many different venues and received critical acclaim for their work; many of our artists are showing in a gallery for the very first time.

7. The review process can take up to 4 weeks. Please be patient.

8. If your work is selected for a potential show we will arrange for a date and time for you work to arrive at our gallery. Other paperwork and information will be available to you at that time as well.

9. All of our works are on consignment from the artist. We have short-term, renewable, non-exclusive contracts with many of our artists. Though our contracts are not exclusive, we do request right-of-first-refusal from our artists, so that we can offer our customers what we believe to be the artist's best work. If you have additional questions about portfolio review, please call (360) 402-2280 or email [email protected], and Valri will be happy to assist you.

kaykm
09-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Valri,

I understand that they are not accepting artists from outside the Pacific North West area currently. If you ever do please email me at [email protected] I would be very interested in send some submissions your way.

Thanks,
Kay

Valri Ary
09-19-2006, 11:40 AM
We are excepting submissions from beyond the PNW as my title says. The website needs to be updated. Sorry for the confusion.