PDA

View Full Version : Quick life drawings

seejay
03-23-2002, 05:25 AM
Hi,

This is a couple of 5 minute sketches done at last Thursday night's life drawing ( both on the one page, so you'll have to turn your head to see one properly - sorry!:))

The scan has lost the sharpness of the lines, but I hope you can still see the picture okay. I liked the way the hands were turning out, even tho' I gave the model a badly cut off head!!

I should have scanned the hands for a better view. If I remember I'll do it, and post a detail image.

I felt I was just starting to loosen up with the pen - I haven't really used it at life drawing before. I'll have to use it more I think - I can only get better from here:D

Chris

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2002/pen5togo.jpg

dolors
03-24-2002, 01:53 AM
Nice drawings Chris, I haven't used ink and pen at life drawing, it must be difficult. Please post more.

seejay
03-24-2002, 04:25 AM
Hi dolors,

Thank you very much.

I have decided to use only my ink marker for the next life drawing session - it seems to make me focus a bit harder. I'll certainly post more if they seem interesting enough.

Chris

artdude
03-24-2002, 10:39 AM
Nice ink drawings Chris!! You have a good start here. Ink is such an unforgiving medium. Scanning them can be hard too. Looking forward to seeing more ink work from you. You're right, the more you do the better you will get. KEEP EM' COMMING!!! :D

seejay
03-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Thanks artdude!!

I've been neglecting my ink work lately, so it was great fun to get in a few minutes worth of drawing the other night. Just the thing to get me back into it!

Chris

NorahT
03-25-2002, 10:01 AM
Good pen and ink drawing - it was worth a turn of the head :) :)

dnip24
03-25-2002, 08:58 PM
looks nice, you need to improve the shape and sharpness!

seejay
03-25-2002, 09:52 PM
Thank you Norah and Dnip!

Chris