PDA

View Full Version : Normal landscape

Southafricannovice
09-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Hi all again,
then I painted this landscape which I am still considering whether it's finished or not. I know the fence is a bit too much and out of perspective I think? Should I try and redo it or anything else that needs attention still? Any suggestions and c&c's always welcome.

LisaArt
09-16-2006, 03:46 AM
Hi Stephan, Just saw this one now...Another winner...That sky with the golden fields...so soothign to look at...:) Bravo

Southafricannovice
09-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Thanks Lisa, you are very kind:wink2:

Gillette
09-16-2006, 05:42 AM
Stephan,
please leave the fence I like it and your once again vibrant colours.
Jane.

Southafricannovice
09-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Thank you very much Jane, I will leave the fence.

idcrisis55
09-16-2006, 06:00 AM
I like this one too Stephan. The distant view is really beautiful.

Ann

nostalgia
09-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Very beautiful scene and great colours! :clap:

Southafricannovice
09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks Ann and thanks Nostalgia, you guys are great encouragement!

3chaway9
09-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Hi Stephan...it's great the way it is...the fence is perfect for this scene leading the viewers eye into the painting...lovely...what size please?

scallionman
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi Stephan. I just love this painting, the colours are so vibrant. The whole painting sings with life and vitality.

I agree the fence is a great tool to lead the viewers eye into the picture; but for me there's something not quite right about it. To me it looks like the fence has been placed on top of the field rather than standing in the field. Personally I would try and rework the corn along the fence line in the foreground so that there appears to be a bit of variation between the crop on this side of the fence and that on the other. I think this would help to bring the fence into the field instead of being on top of the field.

I hope that's helpful.

Regards

David

dreamz
09-16-2006, 10:32 AM
I really like the bright colors and the fench works well, perhaps making the pole in the foreground a bit more substantial would lend even more depth. Bringing some of the plant growth over the lower wire would help anchor the fence

valchina612
09-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Stephan, what a beautiful painting this one is, and I just love the fence. The colours are also so bright and cheerful. Super work. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

jeff m
09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I really like the bright colors and the fench works well, perhaps making the pole in the foreground a bit more substantial would lend even more depth. Bringing some of the plant growth over the lower wire would help anchor the fence

This is exactly what I was going to say, break the line of the lower wire.

Think.....the fence was there before the crop.

SquashedToad
09-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow! I love this picture!

so dort
09-16-2006, 09:07 PM
The colors are great, bright and cheerful. The fence is fine, but change the middle ground. You have great foreground and background, but no middle ground. For the middle ground, you can fade the coloring of the crop and shorten the stalks. I agree with the other people to bring the height of the crop over the lower wire. :thumbsup:

So Dort

gingery
09-16-2006, 11:29 PM
This has great colours & I think the fence pulls the eye into the scene. :thumbsup: Beautiful painting, Stephan!:clap:
ginger

Southafricannovice
09-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi all, thanks for the kind comments and the suggestions for the breaking the bottom wire of the fence. I did do it initially but it did not come out on the photo so well but also in real life it was very vague. I have now added some more grass and also the base of the poles were covered with some grass as that also made it look like the wire was hanging in the air. 3chaway9, it is on wrapped canvas about 35x25 inches.

Well I hope it looks better now? I am including a close-up as well, but this bluddy new camera has a flash so bright you can light up at least half of darkest Africa hehe:D

Margaret 59
09-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Looking good Stephan. I too like the sense of distance.:thumbsup: :clap:

Southafricannovice
09-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Thank you very much Margaret!