Very Nice:clap:

Thanks for the link.:)

M Douglas
09-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I love her plein air stuff. Wonderful!

Melodie

Deborah Secor
09-15-2006, 04:34 PM
I did an interview with Angela a few years back, which is somewhere in the Pastel Journal. She was in NY on 9/11/01 and lives part time in southern Colorado (the incredibly beautiful San Luis valley!!!)

I love her landscapes of Provence--back then she pre-sold paintings to help offset her costs, so she could make the trip to France and paint in lavender season! I see she's teaching workshops now, too.

Nice lady... :)

Deborah

scall0way
09-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Her Provance landscapes are quite lovely, just the way I'd love to paint myself if I ever became a dedicated landscape artist! It sure would be fun to take her workshop. Except I don't fly. :)

I wonder what brand of pastels and supports she uses. A number of her landscapes are 9x12 in size which is sort of an odd size, except it is a standard size for Art Spectrum colourfix as I know to my sorrow (because I love it, but it's impossible to get inexpensive pre-cut mats that size). But others of hers have sort of the distinctive ribbing appearance that makes me think "Canson-rough side".

Websites like this both inspire me and depress me, :lol:. When I see how many marvelous artists there are out there in the world it makes me wonder why I should even think about it. And tomorrow is the last day I have to decide if I should use up $25 and a vacation day to try to enter a picture in the PSNJ show.

But I still keep singing and taking voice lessons even though I know I'll never be a Metropolitan Opera star, so not reason not to keep taking art lessons and painting, even though I'll never be in the Metropolitan Museum either. :D

Shari
09-16-2006, 03:04 AM
Debbie,

On her website many of her papers look like Canson to me, you can see the texture showing through.

On another note, I was making myself crazy thinking I had to be "an artist" and now I am much happier just doing art for art's sake. I am not trying to make my living by selling art, I do art for my own therapy and because I have to, it's what makes me happy. I try to just stay in the moment with art and let it guide me and teach me, but I want it to be fun and not tooooo serious. It would be different if I felt like I had to attain some goal with art and sell it or make art that other people would like. This way, the pressure is off. I would be happy to sell pieces, but that is not my goal at this point. I do think it's fun to cruise around the internet and see what art I like and what inspires me, it always seems to come down to color and texture.