PDA

View Full Version : Guillermo

aquashell
09-13-2006, 02:55 AM
This is "Memo", a friends longhaired mini-dachshund. I used acrylic and some pastel.....it is from a photo. Although he is a redhead, he looks a lot "redder" here than in the photo or the painting! (I ended up with the one ear looking chopped off because that is how it was in the photo.....) Not sure if I should leave it as is.....

3chaway9
09-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi Sharon ....what a pert little dog.... he's lovely ....the ear is fine...windswept and interesting :) ...the background could be used better to make him stand out more IMO...blues would be my choice...sky and fluffy clouds maybe ...just a suggestion... :wave:

idcrisis55
09-13-2006, 09:50 AM
You did a great job on painting the dog. I don't think the ear looks chopped at all but rather windblown. Nice expressive eyes too :)

Ann

dreamz
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
The only thing I'd suggest would be a glint of light in the eye/s but even that is not totally necessary, its a charming little portrait

aquashell
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
duplicate post! sorry!

aquashell
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Carrie, thank you for your suggestion, I was not sure what to do with the background.
Ann, I did mean for the windblown look, so I'm glad you thought it looked that way!
Dreamz, I did put a glint in the eyes, but maybe it is not showing up too well and needs more of a one...

Thank you all for taking the time to look, I appreciate your comments.

Southafricannovice
09-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Very cute dog, well done:thumbsup:

SuzySue
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM
This is wonderful,:clap: you really really did a beautiful job in capturing Memo's personality in the eyes. Makes me miss my doxies (:crying:)......

aquashell
09-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Stephan, thank you so much.....

aquashell
09-13-2006, 10:44 PM
This is wonderful,:clap: you really really did a beautiful job in capturing Memo's personality in the eyes. Makes me miss my doxies (:crying:)......

Thank you Sue! Memo's owner thinks it caught his personality too...which made me feel very good. I'm hoping to try one of his father one of these days, after the old golden lab I'm attempting next.
I'm really enjoying trying to do dogs...maybe because I miss mine..

nowaihed
09-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Sharon, what a nice dogie, I really like Memo, how old is he. He looks like a puppy. I like the way his ears look.:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: