PDA

View Full Version : IN Desperate Need of Help

formerlyunknownart
09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

I need someone who is expert with digital photography and the paint program. I need to reduce the resolution on some jpegs I need to send TODAY for a submission call but can't figure out how to do that. Help, how do I reduce the resolution?

*Marina*
09-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Melanie, I don't know the paint program. Usually it is under image and seize, reseize. Most programs are the same. Hope it helps. If not there will be others who know the paint program.

Tressa
09-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Melanie, if you have not gotten an answer yet, try the Digital forum with an urgent plea, I have paint, but have not used it yet much, so not too good on help:(
Tres

Shari
09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I only know photoshop, but your program should have a drop down menu called Edit, and from there, there should be options to resize an image. You can just change the pixels to 72 for sending over the web.

snoball
09-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Unless there is a newer version of Paint I don't think you can change the resolution in Paint. You can resize but not change resolution. Do you have any other photo editing program at all? Or do you have a friend nearby who has a different program on their computer where you could quickly email them the photos, let them change the resolution and email them back to you?

khourianya
09-12-2006, 05:58 PM
download and install the free trial for photoshop elements and follow Shari's instructions. That should save you in time.

CJMonty
09-13-2006, 02:25 AM
When you display your digital photography and you have all your thumbnails on display, you should be able to select the pic you want and right click your mouse, this should bring down a drop down menu enabling you to resize in several different sizes.

Hope you get them done in time.

Carolynn.

formerlyunknownart
09-13-2006, 03:33 AM
in which program? paint? I'm not getting that option.