PDA

View Full Version : I have a STUDIO!!!!!

gnu
09-12-2006, 07:43 AM
:clap: :clap:
yay my own space...
it's a little room, the sunniest in house(no more despairing over the lack of light...)
It's a little bit untidy, but has a ranch slider which can be a separate entrance for selling from...(we have 2 driveways which is handy.)
Pics taken at night, so colours are a little funny, and I WILL be painting the walls neutral :) couldn't be less so at present!
THe little wardrobe is one I used to play in at my Auntie's as a little girl...pretty special, it holds my older paintings and stuff. The wardrobe has new canvasses and I have pinned plastic to one area of wall for paintings to hang while they dry...my own little inspiration :rolleyes:
here's the pics...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2006/7242-IMG_7210_studio_easel.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2006/7242-IMG_7211_studio_wardrobe.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2006/7242-IMG_7212studio_corner.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Sep-2006/7242-IMG_7213studio_manrobe.jpg

NOw I only have to put away all the stuff that came out of the room..sigh...

dlake
09-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Yea!!!! It's so cute. I am just starting to get my painting rythym back after spending a month redoing a postage stamp size room to have a studio.
It's so fun to have a space all your own to paint and read, ect.
I am soooooooooo happy for you.

gnu
09-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Ah well, you definitely understand then! :) My room is pretty small too, will have to carry my own chair in if I want to read in the sun! :) I am determined to keep it tidy once everything has it's palce, having pple come to it will keep me honest in that respect :)

TooLittleTime
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
It must be nice to have a studio. It looks great! :clap: Now I'm jealous. The only space I have available is my media room, which would work great, but I can't seem to give up. I guess I have my priorities.

idcrisis55
09-12-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm so excited for you :clap: :clap:. There is nothing like having a place that is strictly for painting. Especially having a place to store paintings and manage supples.

Ann

3chaway9
09-12-2006, 10:41 AM
It must be nice to have a studio. It looks great! Now I'm jealous. ....great :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: lucky girl.....:cool:

dreamz
09-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Great news on the studio! what really got my attention was the work on the easel, thats such a neat layout with 2 diferent size canvas's! and the double surf canvas behind it, then in the next picture theres a staggered canvas landscape 2 cool!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DesertDarlene
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm so happy for you! It looks great. I like to do my work in the daylight, also.

I live in a small apartment and barely have room for my "normal" things and have no storage. I actually have to pay extra money and rent a studio somewhere else, which I can't afford right now.

It's especially hard as I also do photography and have problems storing my lighting equipment.

Charlie's Mum
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Lucky, lucky you Gill!
Absolutely brilliant - and I wish you much joy there :D
Nice to see a lot of your work all together :thumbsup:

ponting
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Well congratulations....I see it didn't take you long to move right in. :lol:

Cheers, Dianna :cat:

timelady
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hoorah! :D Enjoy it! Remember, good storage is the key to small spaces. :)

Tina.

gnu
09-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Ha Ha Dianna, of course not! I had a painting up on the wall BEFORE the room was cleared! :)
You guys are soooo nice! This great ideawas actually my hubby's who is sacrificing his sun, and of course had to relocate all his stuff.
Todd, I think it takes thinking outside the square sometimes, in this case My husband had to give up his nice sunny warm room...I couldn't have done it if he wasn't completely happy to. So sometimes we don't have a choice really...
Ann, I sure HOPE I can manage my supplies... ;)
Dreamz, I am kind of becoming known for the staggered landscapes, I came up with my own term for them, I call them "offset" dip, trip quad etc...
THe one on the easel is for an exhibition coming up..
Desert...I will have to give away/throw away a lot of stuff from previous creative pursuits, have to be really ruthless....it is very hard to keep enough for more than one big passion...
Maureen, thank you :)

Lady Carol
09-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I am excited for you and jealous...all at the same time :lol:

gingery
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Congrats on your studio!:clap: That's marvelous!:thumbsup: How wonderful of your husband to be so understanding, to basically say, "Well, I've had my time in this nice sunny room, so I'm now going to give it over to you.":cool: Give him an extra hug from me. :D Good man! I loved that sea scean on your wall...excellent!:thumbsup: Now you just enjoy that lovely space. ;) (& enjoy being in terific N.Z. because I wish I were there)
ginger :wave:

BullyInNZ
09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Awesome Gill!! some great looking work there too.My Studio come computer room has been filling in as a workshop too lately polishiong Mags and all sorts,about time i was used as a studio again i think lol.All the best Gill good to see ya and love ya studio.Bully

Margaret 59
09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats Gill, might pop in one of these days as my rellies live near you.

gnu
09-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Carol, thanks :D
Ginger, no problem :D thanks for the lovely comments...
Tony, thanks :) yeah go for it!
Margaret, PLEASE do! I LOVE meeting WC ' ers...

Natalie NZ
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
YIPPEEEEE for you Gill and is'nt Graeme a sweetie. :clap:

Hope to see you at Southwards. :wave:

gnu
09-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Isn't he though?
Southwards...
yeah! you bet I'll see you there, I pushed so hard for still life category, that I better enter 2 in it! then one other landscape prob. Let's collaborate ahead of time, and you can come here at some point, Fri nite if you are going then, perhaps meet for tea? otherwise another point over the weekend...
must send a message to Margaret about it too..

objectivistartist
09-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Ahhhhhhh - a studio..... [sigh]..... sure would beat working off the bed ! :lol:

Robert

www.visioneerwindows.blogspot.com

Serenity
09-24-2006, 08:29 PM
CONGRATS, Gill!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!! :clap: :clap: What a wonderful hubby you have to relinquish his space to you. He gets a :thumbsup: from me too. Thanks for sharing pics with us....I enjoyed seeing your artwork too. It looks like you're all set now ~ :D

rmc
09-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Gill, I missed this earlier - fantastic for you and good luck with keeping it tidy....
Were you up in Auckland for Graeme Sydney's talk at the mazda art week? - to think if you were, that we were in the same room - he was so unassuming and just all around amazing ---
We are from Wellington - until work took us off to the UK and Oz a few years back --- must catch up some time - I am coming down to Wellington in Nov for Jaqueline Coates floral workshop with Elaine - will pop in and check the studio!!!

Jon
09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Fantastic! Good for you...enjoy!!

Jeff Rage
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Looks awesome! :)

LightDancer
09-25-2006, 12:01 PM
How wonderful!!! :) I'm so envious! I've been traveling in my RV now for over two years, and the only thing I really wish I had is studio space!!! Painting in my RV is really trying. Enjoy!!! :)