PDA

View Full Version : Forming a Jewish Art Guild in New England

Ari Sutton
09-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone,

On labor day I rented a table at the Jewish Music Festival in Canton, MA. Sold a couple of pieces, but not as much as I would have liked. At least I payed for the table and a little extra. I used the down time at the fair to start a new woodcut. It is a still life for a change of pace. A kiddush cup placed on a wood table. I'll post it when I pull a print from it. Still have a lot of carving to go.

Doing the Jewish music fair inspired me in a different way. I decided to put out feelers about starting a Jewish Art Guild in New England. As you all know most of my art is Jewish in nature and almost all of the art shows here are on Saturday, excluding most of my clientele. I think if I start a Jewish guild with some other local Jewish artists, we will be able to find forums on Sundays or other days of the week, even if we need to create our own art events. I am currently looking for other Jewish artists who might be interested in helping me create and run this guild. It seems like a big undertaking, so I need some help with it.

If you are interested in helping or you want more information, please email me at [email protected]

Ari Sutton