PDA

View Full Version : My new gallery now online!

Roger Evans
09-09-2006, 05:37 PM
The humble beginnings of my gallery are now online. Only four paintings but I'm averaging about two paintings a month so hopefully it will get filled up soon. :)

http://www.rogerevans.tv

Take a peak and let me know if there are any dead links, problems with downloads, etc.

Thanks!

Roger

Fingerpaint
09-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Roger! Those are amazing! So dramatic and unusual in size, composition and medium (well I have never seen a 3 x 5' b&w acryllic painting of a western scene).

I would buy them (if I had any cash that is), I found myself wondering what wall I would put them on. :D

Keep them comin' cowboy!

idcrisis55
09-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Your website is easily traveled and all the links work great. Your works looks very good (of course :) )

Ann

dreamz
09-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Your b/w works are amazing but that painted canyon one is over the top!

good luck with your site

Gillette
09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Found your site so good, and loved the large size to view your work, will give much more encouragement to buy.
Your paintings are excellent, I wish you huge success.
Jane.

meganj
09-11-2006, 12:41 AM
It's a nice website Roger. I'm working on mine as I type... (sort of). The only suggestion I can make is to put a copyright symbol and your name in the middle of the blow up of each painting, that way they will be more difficult for people to download and use. As to the best way to do that, you would have to ask the experts.

I hope my site turns out nearly as well as yours has!

ArtofAndrewDaniel
09-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Looking good! It's fun to have a website isn't it!

Roger Evans
09-11-2006, 04:26 PM
The only suggestion I can make is to put a copyright symbol and your name in the middle of the blow up of each painting, that way they will be more difficult for people to download and use.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had actually considered doing that. It's easy to do with photoshop but I decided not to. My reasoning is odd but I figure if anyone is so destitute that all they can afford is a low rez print at 72dpi snatched from my website, then they don't pose much of a risk to my business efforts. In other words, putting the copyright in the middle of the picture isn't going to increase the odds that this person would purchase one of my paintings, since they don't have the money to begin with. Also, I should be so lucky that my paintings are so sought after as to spawn an underground cottage industry of counterfeits! Perhaps if I make a name for myself and start moving some volume, then I might put a watermark on the paintings but, for now, I like for people to enjoy them without the distraction of a copyright in the middle of the image.

Roger

Southafricannovice
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Absolutely beautiful, love the website and can't wait for the new artworx to go on there as well. Will you be putting the pricing of your art on the website?:clap: :clap: :clap:

Roger Evans
09-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Absolutely beautiful, love the website and can't wait for the new artworx to go on there as well.

Thanks! I can't wait either.... only I'll have to! :(

Will you be putting the pricing of your art on the website?:clap: :clap: :clap:

Eventually. Seems kind of odd with only 4 paintings at this time. When I get to about a dozen or so, then I'll put up some prices. I'll also have a better idea of my time involvement per painting, which is hard to judge now because I'm still "re-learning" how to paint after about a quarter century away from the easel.

Roger

billyjo30
09-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Nice on line gallery. I wish you sucess.

Joan