PDA

View Full Version : Looking for oppinion

Vasilena
03-21-2002, 08:24 PM
graphart.2ya.com (http://graphart.2ya.com) :
Hello,
I am trying to find an agent( :evil: ) to represent me ,
but every time I recieve simillar answer : "We like your works, but your style doesn`t fit our agency...":confused:
Am I crazy or everyone likes my work but doesn`t want to represent me???!
There are samples of my works here:
http://graphart.2ya.com
Thanks

strawberry
03-22-2002, 03:07 PM
I also like your work. I'm not an illustrator, and I don't have much advice to give, but just wondered: Is there some way of checking to see what types of works a particular agency seems to prefer, before you ask them if they'll represent you? My only experience is with publishers, where it is easy to check to see what sorts of things a given magazine/publisher has already published to see if a piece fits with their style or not.

Vasilena
03-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Hello strawberry,
Thanks for the advise.Actualy I don`t know what exactly should I look for in an agency....When there is no working my style artist , they say it doesn`t fit.When there is someone whose style is close to mine - they say they already are representing somebody,
and it will be not correct to take artist with simillar style....:confused:
I really don`t know what to do anymore.:rolleyes:

coyote
03-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Sorry, I can't help you, but welcome to WC! I looked at the stuff on your site, and the sun in that farm illustration made me smile. :D

Vasilena
03-22-2002, 06:59 PM
Thanks coyote,
It`s good to hear that somebody smiled in my site!!!:clap:

NYIllustrator
03-25-2002, 10:22 PM
I too enjoy your work very much, and as an illustrator I can tell you it is often as hard to get an agent as it is to get published. I think you just really have to keep trying, and expect a lot of dissapointment in this business. Its tough, Illustration is a very saturated market and hard to break into, but if you keep trying your bound to hit. Also, I would not be so worried about getting an agent. There are plenty of publishers that accept unsolicited material and if you send it out yourself to those publishers you won't be hit with the high percentage agents often take in Illustration. What I have learned most about this business, is that it is really about 10 percent talent and 90 percent leg work, thats sad but true. Keep marketing yourself and sending your stuff out and you WILL get a hit. I takes many illustrators up to five years to get published. Good luck.

Vasilena
03-26-2002, 01:38 AM
NYIllustrator,
Thanks for the advise.I`ll take it.I just wanted to know it from expirianced illustrator, that it`s not me....
I love your works!:)

NYIllustrator
03-26-2002, 02:03 AM
Thanks! :)