PDA

View Full Version : Ja-me(jaime) Scratchboard

Calleorange
03-21-2002, 10:47 AM
This is a scratchboard of my wife. She is a freelance model and Hostess of a seattle call-in sports talk TV show. Her modeling website is www.watergirl.homestead.com http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2002/ja-me_drawing.JPG

toddjunck
03-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Great work, I really like it!!!

Checked her site....WOW, she's beautiful!!!

Todd

ptantono
03-22-2002, 02:05 AM
Lucky man. :D Is this pencil ? Is this done in black paper ?
I couldnt see her teeth, I know it is difficult to do teeth. I still find it difficult after doing several potraits. As I said before in other thread, I prefer if the model not showing his/her teeth. :D

Very nice work. :cool:

wendee
03-22-2002, 08:38 AM
very very nice..My grandaughter's name is Jaime...never seen anyone with it spelt the same way....until now.....:D :D

Calleorange
03-22-2002, 11:02 AM
Thanks Patricia, Todd, Wendee, for your kind remarks. Patricia, this drawing is on black scratch board. It's white paper with white chaulk overlayed then covered in a thin layer of black ink. I use a #11 x-acto blade and scratch off the black. On this drawing I deliberately drew the teeth the way they are. My work is drawn with the intent of the viewer standing back aways. Kind of like impressionism. When drawing people skin will look like fur if your too close. standing back will allow your eyes to do the blending. I hope that helps your understanding of scratch board.
c-ya,
Miles

Caron
03-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanks for that explaination of scratchboard Miles-I had no idea myself. Now I have a deeper appreciation of what you have done here:) Very excellent work!!

ptantono
03-23-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Caron
Thanks for that explaination of scratchboard Miles-I had no idea myself. Now I have a deeper appreciation of what you have done here:) Very excellent work!!

Ditto.

You meant that this painting was done by scratching with some kind of blade ? Very unsual technique and very very interesting. It must be difficult to do.

Thanks Miles.

TeAnne
03-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Outstanding, I envy your talant. :D Not easy that scraperboard.