PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic painting I did in school.

MarshallCogburn
09-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello! I am new to Wetcanvas, and I work mainly in Colored Pencils now but I thought I would post a photo of a piece I did while studying at the Museum of Fine art in Greenville SC, about 10 years ago. this piece is of a Macaw, and our teacher wanted us to do a value study on a rectangle somewhere in the picture. I think it turned out pretty good. I welcome any and all comments.:wave:

Darrin

Lady Carol
09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Lovely painting. The colours are excellent and the bird is well rendered.

I bet you got top marks for this :D

objectivistartist
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Well rendered!! :)

Robert

www.visioneerwindows.blogspot.com

3chaway9
09-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice one Darrin.....i hope we will see more of your work in acrylics:thumbsup:

DorothyC
09-03-2006, 09:08 PM
An interesting exercise - love the macaw - the painting is excellent Darrin. Have you done more recent ones in the acrylic - you have a flair for it.

MarshallCogburn
09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
I have'nt done an acrylic painting in a long time although I would love to. I always enjoyed it. As I find myself with more time now I believe I will start practicing again. When I do start another I will post the progress here for everyone to give me some tips and input. I've been away from it for a while, is there any new paints or helpful tips that I can use?:wave:

Darrin

Here is another that I never finished but would like to one day.

DorothyC
09-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Darrin - you've got to finish this one - awesome look. :clap: :clap:
The best tip I can offer is to browse through some of the other WIP - I've learnt heaps from them. Also just browse throught the local art store and see what's new and ask questions in the store or here.
Personally I think you'll have no trouble taking up where you left off. Just like riding a bike! :lol:

MarshallCogburn
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I put this piece into an Art show this past week and it actually got an honorable Mention! LOL! :lol:

Anyway, it was a nice experience!

I actually painted this about 12 years ago.

ExpressiveAngie
09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
I put this piece into an Art show this past week and it actually got an honorable Mention! LOL! :lol:

Anyway, it was a nice experience!

I actually painted this about 12 years ago.
LOL Awesome! :clap:

loobyteacher
09-19-2008, 11:15 AM
wonderful! keep on painting with acrylics!

LavenderFrost
09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
You do good work, keep it up. You can learn a lot here just by looking around and reading people's comments.

Charlie's Mum
09-19-2008, 03:17 PM
HI Marshall -

Congrats on the Honorable Mention for this! - good to see that can happen even with an 'old' painting!

I see you've changed your user-name too - it's about time we saw more of your recent work - yes? ;) ;) Don't be shy :lol:

MarshallCogburn
09-19-2008, 05:16 PM
HI Marshall -

Congrats on the Honorable Mention for this! - good to see that can happen even with an 'old' painting!

I see you've changed your user-name too - it's about time we saw more of your recent work - yes? ;) ;) Don't be shy :lol:

Thanks! I've actually been doing quite a bit of work lately it's just been a great deal of colored Pencil, which is my first love.

You can see some of it in my Sig. Banner and in the CP Forum.

I have been doing a some Acrylic, although I am just a little out of practice.