PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh...Another one.

KozmikJester
03-20-2002, 09:41 PM
Well, here's another--umm--illustration I guess, of mine. Only this one is a quick doodle made in lunch. (Hmm...I don't eat...I draw...how healthy ^_~) Anyways...I drew this rather sketchy, and then outlined it during study, so it's really crooked and uneven in areas. The worst part is the bottom. But this is just an idea I'm toying with.

P.S. My school isn't great in the arts. It favors the jocks and geniuses. Do any of yous know of a good art...learning place (what are those things called, again??) in Boston?

P.P.S. Ugh! Last note, I swear! I'm just saying I was admitted as a member of my school's art magazine, The Register. I'm excited! :clap:

Here 'tis:

NYIllustrator
03-25-2002, 11:30 PM
dont get discouraged that your school does not support art. My high school was the same way..all funding to sports, and look at me! Here I am in fourth year of art school about to graduate and hit the market!

KozmikJester
03-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! I just don't know, there's two ways to go, either Boston Arts Academy, which is big in arts, but less so into college prep, or stay in Boston Latin School, and get college prep. It's all confusing, but my current school (BLS), has a lot of after school clubs like "Art Club" "The Register" "Film Club" "Photography Class" and we built in a whole new wing (costing around $5,000,000 not including our technologically advanced library which was $3,000,000 alone :rolleyes: )

So we got money up the wazoo :D I guess it would be most effective to start a new club, that's what kids have done for after-school art classes since we don't have them during the day.

I dunno, but I'll think about it.

NYIllustrator
03-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Some good art schools you might also consider if possible:

1. School of Visual Arts - New York

2. Rhode Island School of Art - Rhode Island (need very good grades to get into this one as you will take your academics at Brown Univ.)

3. Cal Arts - California (mostly good for film and animation)

4. Phildelphia Art Institute (Philly, PA)