PDA

View Full Version : Pipyr.com is LIVE!!! Please check it out! :D

Pipyr
08-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey all! I finally got off my duff and made myself a new website. YAY!! It feels soooooooo good!If you have a second, I would LOVE for you to take a look and let me know what you think. Also, would you mind letting me know what browser you are using? I have been told that mozilla causes some problems...anyone have any ideas why? Here's the link:

http://www.pipyr.com

Thanks guys!!! :clap:

LoriBirdSK
08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Love it!! I'm on AOHell and the pics were great and the site is easy to navigate. Looks great!
xoxo
lori

Pipyr
08-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks Lori!! I'm in the process of fixing the mozilla problems, so hopefully everyone will be able to see it correctly ;) Thanks so much for the feedback!!

Moonlight Creations
08-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Mel - checking in again - I can see all your pictures on Mozilla! :clap: Sonje

Pipyr
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
YYYAAAAAYYYY! Thanks Sonje :) I spend $5 on an e-book last night and taught myself CSS...lol! So, now I think it should be ALL FIXED! Woooohoo! Hopefully this one will have a good little run before I get bored with it and re-design it, but I'm thinking about all the fun things I could do with an e-book for $5 on flash, java....you know...just because I'm a glutton for punishment! ;)

KathyDinBC
09-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi Pipyr,

Very nice site and of course, lovely work. I'm using IE 6 and your 'current auctions' graphic is missing for me when I first bring up the homepage. It just shows a blank space when I first load the page and the broken image (little red x) later. If I click on one of the other graphics (gallery was the first I tried), the auctions graphic appeared. Good luck with your new site!

Pipyr
09-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Hmmmmm...that's strange. I wonder if you were looking at it when I was working on it at some point...maybe that made it go funny. Does anyone else have this problem? And thanks so much for the kind words!

BeadTowne
09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
You're site is as cool as your beads! I didn't have any trouble with graphics or navigation.

Pipyr
09-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks Maggie :D Still lots to do!!

Tricktreeni
09-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to lampwork. Can anyone tell me how to use fine silver with my glass or tell me of a tutorial that is avalible.

Pipyr
09-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey Tricktreeni and welcome!! :) I don't think you'll find answers to your question in this thread...we have a glass technical forum with tons of info to help with that stuff. I'm sure if you hop over there and start a new post with that question, you'll get a bunch of answers. Since I'm here, though, there are LOTS of ways to get fine silver on your beads. It depends on what you want it to look like. You can get fine silver foil or leaf and heat up your bead, let it cool a bit, and roll it on the silver pieces. The silver will stick to your glass and you can rub it onto the glass with a tool (I use the back of my tweezers) and re-introduce to the flame. It will burn off quickly, so if you want it to stay a solid covering, you'll have to work quickly and far in the back of the flame...just enough for it to melt in a little bit. Or, you can burn it all in and you will get metallics on the surface of transparent colors from leaf or little balls of silver from the foil. That's also how people get the different colors out of ivory glass, because ivory reacts with the silver. Play around...silver is lots of fun!! There are other things like silver mesh, wire, fuming, etc, but I think this is the easiest way to start. Hope it helped! :)