PDA

View Full Version : Can We Talk?

sassybird
03-20-2002, 02:49 PM
An older piece.

RuthT
03-21-2002, 09:58 AM
I like your sense of humour Sassybird. :D

Also the way you have used silhouette, line, and pointillism all in the one piece. Must have been difficult to do the stalactites hanging down against the dark background.

NorahT
03-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Nice pen work and negative shapes. I could go batty looking at this :D :D

Geoff
03-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Took me a second or two. Nice use of negative spaces. Well done.

artdude
03-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Very nice Sass!! :) The only thing that looks a bit out of place is the wall on the left side of the drawing. Kind of takes away from the bats. I think if you carried the solid black background and the ceiling stippling throughout the drawing it would look more balanced. Hope you don't mind my opinion on this. :( Love the humour you have in some of your inks. Great to see some of your older pieces :D

dnip24
03-22-2002, 01:42 PM
looks awesome that color combinations and I love your inspiration! Good job!

Loxley
03-22-2002, 09:47 PM
Sassy, This is so neat. Hardly ever see bats done and they are such neat animals. I used to live in AZ. and my son loved a cave out on the desert. Everyone called it Britts cave, he has since passed away, but I have wonderful memories of camping in his cave and seeing all the bats at night on the cave ceilings. Thanks for bringing back the memories. This is such a great painting:angel: :angel:

sassybird
03-23-2002, 07:19 AM
artdude I was trying to portray looking into the cave from the outside during the day, so that is why that left side is light, but I see what you mean.

dnip If you had looked at the piece you would have seen there is no color in it. The piece is done in black and white with ink.

sgore I'm glad I was able to bring up some good memories for you. My hometown, Arlington Texas is a big bat capitol. More people there own bats as pets than anywhere in the states. My favorite is the fox bat. They are very affectionate creatures.

RuthT Glad you catch my humor. I spent so much time around Brits that sometimes my subtle humor goes over peoples heads.

NorahT Going batty is better than having bats in your belfry....lol

Thanks for the comments folks :)

dolors
03-24-2002, 02:11 AM
It is a lovely piece and I like it very much. Very well done.

Gisela
03-24-2002, 04:52 PM
I was wandering and just found your ink drawings...how absolutely delightful!! :D

gis

chris 97
03-25-2002, 12:02 AM
CUTE! another one to bring a chuckle. love it!