PDA

View Full Version : booth ideas?

chewie
08-25-2006, 11:19 PM
i posted this in the business forum, but since this is my 'home', thought i'd ask you all here too--i have a nice booth set up now, least i'm happy enough with it. picked grey backgrounds, navy accents here and there, incl. my name sign. now, after seeing it all set up, it feels....cold. another issue is that my panels have these bases, that rather stick out, and can (and probably will!) grab a toe, sending my works and panels crashing down. so i was thinkin, how bout a very tasteful silk plant arrangement, in a country-ish pots, right next to the bases, to both keep ppl going around them, and to make it a bit more homey feeling. what do you think?

David Patterson
08-25-2006, 11:25 PM
It sounds like a nice touch to me Chris. They will sort of soften the corners some.

David

chewie
08-26-2006, 10:26 AM
thank you david. that is what i am hoping for, and to keep those feet from crashing my display!

PeggyB
08-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Sounds good to me too, but you might want to inquire with each event coordinator to be certain they will allow it.

Peggy

chewie
08-26-2006, 11:09 PM
i doubt this one will make any fuss, but that's a situation i didn't think about either? and if this one puts the kabosh on it, i'll toss them in the car--some of the reason for fakes!

bluefish
08-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Chewie:

they sell 'flat plate' bases so you eliminate the tripping hazard - they do not stick out - I use them all the time!

'bluefish'

p.s. - no plants, no tables, just art on the racks(covered) - believe me, it works!

chewie
08-28-2006, 07:38 PM
i plan to buy 2 more panels, so maybe i can look into that when i order those. thanks! i'd just as well like to have my art, and nothing else--i hate hauling stuff and would like the attention on my work!