PDA

View Full Version : Wip.Gawain and the Green Knight

celticrichard
08-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi there you all¡¡¡¡

As you all know I was going to do a series of watercolour & calligraphy celtic legends .I know I had ideas for the technique to be used but I shall try that maybe later.

Im very nervous because this could mean the achievement off my dream,for this legend is one of my favourites,also green is my fave colour.

16 X 12 inches.acid free extra smooth watercolour paper .
Heres the paper stuck to the table(too skittish about buying a board).
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Aug-2006/69175-S1010049.JPG

Could take a few weeks,for I have said Im nervous about this.

The hand to be used is a mixture of cursive and blackletter(franktur,I think its called) with floritures like the ones i sent in be latest post.

Now lets let the paper get dry and pray its doesnt bucle.:thumbsup:

TessDB
08-20-2006, 08:08 AM
So.... how's it going? update update update

I'm excited to see your interpretation of the myth. And don't get too nervous. It's just paper. :)

update update update

Impatiently, Tess :lol:

celticrichard
08-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I was having doubts about composition(also,I ruined two papers thinking they were dry and they bucled).im drawing the things for the ilumination of the letter and the image.If you dont mind me posting the drawings...

TessDB
08-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Richard, post whatever you want!

I'm always eager to see how other people work. :)

Tess

celticrichard
08-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Ill begin drawing tomorrow and posibly show you,wait please.

Merry Scribe
08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Richard you need to get over your shyness there isn't anyone here going to hurt you or could hurt you. All of us have been in shoes before and unless you make a leap people cann't help of advise you. So make you leap of faith.

Blessed Be

celticrichard
08-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Its not shyness,Brian,I just want to do a nice work for once.For gilding I will use my golden ink.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh¡¡¡¡why cant there be decent art stuff in Spain?¡?'

celticrichard
08-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Right...

PAINTING HAS BEGUN¡¡¡¡¡

It will be a nice calligraphy about the poem of sir Gawain and the Green knight
in green ink and brown and with a nice watercolour bard.

Jaye
10-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I'd love to see how this is coming along. Gawain is one of my favorites!

-13th

scribblet
10-09-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses, please do post a pic.

cheers

Merry Scribe
10-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Richard you need to post something so we all can see, this forum is for all to show their work and help others or give others inspiration or ideas that they would not get on their own. We would love to see how far you have gotten so far.

You have told me on several occations that I am slow on posting sometimes but you are even slower than I.:D :D

Blessed Be

celticrichard
10-09-2006, 09:11 AM
I have an idea for the project,so if you dont mind I will begin again from the beginning and I will send photos from time to time,nothing difficult like before.

celticrichard
10-09-2006, 11:44 AM
IM AFRAID I CANT SEND ANYTHING YET,THE SCANNER DOESNT WORK AND I CANT FIND THE USB CABLE.iIL SEE TOMORROW IF i CAN SEND IT.