PDA

View Full Version : Late SND -- Parrots

sherville
03-18-2002, 01:53 AM
Hey,
Late as usual... and later than usual!
Spent 2 hours on these freaks, but it seemed like 6 hours... and they still need a lot of work before they can be called finished, especially the one on the left, but here they are at the 2 hour mark.
I am now thoroughly sick of looking at parrots... I knew I should have done the waxwings!
Coloured Pencil on "Cream" Stonehenge. I shouldn't have drawn them so big, I'll still be working on them when I'm 30... their tails got cut off in the scan, too.
Caron, I borrowed your composition for these 2, please forgive me!
Ki'taye, thanks for hosting, great images.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Mar-2002/sherville_parrots1.jpg

pencils4me
03-18-2002, 02:23 AM
well as i know your age... I will expect to see these finished! Okay well hurry cuz i know my age too.....

you got a good start going here - building up those colors takes forever sometimes ... but its getting there! Will you be adding green stuffs in the back? LOL! I'm waiting...muhahahaah!

way to go girl!! but these just don't have the character of the waxwings! ;)

TJ

MALARKEY
03-18-2002, 03:25 AM
Hi Sherville , Cool birds , that's pretty detailed drawing for only two hours... are you gonna get freaky on us and count every hour? ;) :evil: ;)

Irina
03-18-2002, 06:12 AM
Sverville, great work and only in two hours! :clap: I for one love your parrots. :)

At least you know what you'll be doing for the next few years. :D

IrinA

sherville
03-18-2002, 10:24 AM
LOL TJ! Aww thanks, I dunno what I'm gonna do about the green stuffs. I dunno what I'm gonna do with this whole pic, leave it, or work on it or what! I'm really bursting to draw some waxwings with bandana's, maaaaan! Yo!

Mal, thanks, heheh You should of seen the edge of the page, because I do like, 30mins here and 30mins there with breaks inbetween, I had all these little times written down the side so I'd know when I got to 2 hours... so I'm already getting freaky. :D

Irina! Thank you, and gee, I hope I'm not doing this for the next 11 years! :eek:
I want to tell you I think your tinyhead is cute, because I had a cat that used to hang over my shoulders like a scarf too. :D

orchidlover6
03-18-2002, 11:14 AM
sherville these are great! please finish them. love the vibrancy of them.

Caron
03-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Hmmm, these 2 guys look familiar...lol
Very nice rendering Sherville-you did get a lot of detail done in the 2 hours! Wish i could draw and colour that fast! The head on the left one was really tough for the angle but you got it! And you know what? I LOVE your branch!!!

sherville
03-19-2002, 01:29 AM
Thanks Orchidlover, I think I probably will finish them since I find myself being pretty bored most of the time, teehee.

Thanks also, Caron. Yeah, the branch seems to be the favourite among most people I've shown it too... that'd be right, the thing I spent the least time doing! hehehe.