PDA

View Full Version : Forum Guidelines

llis
03-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Several have asked what types of events or information is acceptable in this forum so I thought I'd give a few examples as a guide.

Post WetCanvas! Get-Away Event Plans
Post Day Trip Events and invite others to join you
Post Plein Aire Excursions and invite others to join you
Plan visits to museums and invite others to join you
Post your Studio Swap information here
Post images of your Art Event & highlight WC! members
Post invitations to your artist gallery show

Then there are a few events that should not be posted. Here are a few examples of those.
Contact Scott Burkett to post workshop information - Ads running on this site or articles written to support the community education base will help keep WC! online and your support is appreciated.
Any event that is more or less geared toward making money for the event rather than the artist should also support this community by placing ads. Click on Media Kit (http://www.wetcanvas.com/MediaKit/) and select Online Advertisers Kit.

baquitania
03-19-2002, 08:38 AM
llis:

I know you want the pieces done that night for the Art Events in the new forum, but do you also want us to put the topic thread there with the photo images to use?

Rod made a suggestion to use the Reference Library so that we could show larger versions of our images for people to work from. Should we post the topic in WC Events, and the finals there, but the images "linked" to the Reference Library?

Bobby

llis
03-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Bobby: Unless I have missed something while I've been away on business, I think that there will not be an new forum just for on-line events. I think that would have worked but Scott has come up with an even grander solution.

Here is what I think will happen as soon as everything is tested and everthing gets rerouted....

1. The online events will use the New Project System
2. The online event coordinator (that's U) will make a new online event using the new project system tools. ( others can make new online events too... like for watercolors, or other mediums-subjects )
3. The event coordinator will click on the forum that best applies and that will trigger an annoucement inside the forum the discussion of the event will take place.
4. All participants of the online event will upload photos of work in progress, finals and be able to add comments for others to see.
5. Anyone can make a comment on any single uploaded photo, and it will appear in the discussion thread for the online event along with a clickable thumbnail sketch so that everyone will know which entry that particular post is about. (how cool)

Of course there are lots of other things that are being worked out. This is all pending the roll out of the new project system and everything is looking good so far so it should not be too much longer.

I think Scott would perfer that you just continue to struggle along as you have been doing, but rest assured that he is working as fast as he can to get the new project system running.

Your online event has inspired Scott to make lots of the changes with the project system. You probably will get a medal for this, :D after Scott has his hair transpant.

more later... I have to run.

llis
03-20-2002, 05:38 AM
FYI:

New project-event system is in place and Bobby has made a test event project.

bdswagger
02-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Want to ask about real time get togethers to talk shop. Is that a legit post here? Informal types of things at someones home or studio, or a cafe.
Leigh

Aisling
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Argh, I guess I should have read this message before posting about the Patriotic Foundation needing art for fundraising auctions even though to be chosen and auctioned off would open the door for more commissions. I know I'm going to send in some works.

I think there will even be an EBay auction where many more people will see the artist's works. My hope was to be seen by other publications or customers. Do we have a place to post things like this if it isn't in this forum or can I just post it in all of the forums? I'm all for getting mine and other's artist's works out to the public one way or another. I know there will be loads of publications, brochures, etc., needed by this organization that may pay well in the future. I'm trying to cover all of the bases ... without getting people mad at me..

Aisling Art & Design (http://groups.msn.com/AislingArt)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Dec-2003/16642-InTheBeginningthumbnail.jpg