PDA

View Full Version : Newbie .. Bertie Ferret Update >'o'<

Mully
08-06-2006, 11:42 AM
:wave: Ow do ..

I finally got around to doing some more work on Bertie, I'm still not sure what I'm doing lol.. but I'm getting there albeit slowly.

For those that have read my first thread and know of Berties recent illness, I would just like to say that so far he is doing well and seems to be getting better :)

Anyhoo.. I'm a little worried about his right eye, I think i've made it a little to big..only slightly, but I don't know if I can correct it without ruining it?..

I've not finished the head.. but I wanted to move to the body a bit as I was just getting lost and just didn't know what else I could do there for now. and my eyes were going funny :D so any tips?

Orig pic..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2006/67037-bertiephoto2.jpg

Work so far:.....eek

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2006/67037-bertie5pastel.jpg

Charles Perera
08-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Do not worry about what it is going to be like, or what it was like. Be with the present moment of painting with eoncentration on every stroke you make. That is meditation in painting...being mindful of what you are doing. You will be surprised with the result.....

Charles

Mully
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Thank You Charles .. Thats sound advice :)

Bringer
08-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi,

And I agree with Charles too.
Keep going and not derail :-)

Kind regards,

Josť

Tressa
08-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Mully, he is coming along very well, and I am glad the "real" Bertie is also:clap:
One thing I can tell you, from my own experience doing short hair animals, is to pay attention to the way the hair grows, ie..down the body..you might find it easier to move from the bottom of the body "up" as the hair lays on top of the previous layer...hope that makes sense...
also, you can lay in some base color, smooth it down, and lay the hair strokes over, so you have a color underneath and not plain paper to fill...
You are doing great, and these are just helpul suggestions...:wave:
Tres

beebluefern
08-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Isn't he cute!! You're doing a great job...looks wonderful...and furry!

Doodlebug1967
08-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Mully, Looking good! I have only done a few animals but I have to agree with Tressa. Her suggestion is dead on. So is Charles' suggestion. Can't wait to see the finished piece. You'll do just fine!

Ronda

Mully
08-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Ow Do..:D

I've only done a bit more since last time, finally got the body down and now I can start building it up..hopefully !.. I've made a few mistakes which Is really hard to correct with pastels.. but so far I'm happy with it. The picture has lightend the bottom a little, it is darker in real life. Thanks everyone for your hints and support.. I know it sounds silly, but this project was sooo scary as I've never done anything like this before..but it's getting there :thumbsup:

Bertie Updated:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2006/67037-bertie6pastel.jpg

Tressa
08-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Bertie is coming along quite nicely Mully, and you should be proud!!:clap:
Tres

M Douglas
08-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Good job so far Mully.

Melodie

Bringer
08-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi Mully,

You keep at it.
It's getting there.
It's not that hard to correct mistakes in pastels, the problem is that you're using a paper that makes it harder to correct.
Ingres paper, right ?
I have some of that by Claire-Fontaine and I don't like it much.

Kind regards,

Josť