PDA

View Full Version : Would Celtic Art that is burned on to wood and colored be concidered Illuminated art?

Merry Scribe
08-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I am just wondering if doing celtic art on wood would be concidered Illumiination. If it is Illumination then would it be concidered part of this forum or Mixed Media Forum or both. I have been posting mine and Annies work in both forums because I do not know where it is realy suppose to be. I think that it fits in both but I maybe wrong which wouldn't be the first time.

I am interested in what everyone thinks.

Alex22
09-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't think so...That would be a celtic design on wood,just like those celtic tattoos,are just tattooes,not illuminations.:)

TessDB
09-13-2006, 06:47 AM
just like those celtic tattoos,are just tattooes,not illuminations.:)

hmmm... an illumination is an illustration/artwork designed to make a subject/topic more clear. I could make a fairly strong argument that tattoos of *any* sort do that pretty well. From pretty little dolphins to scary scary prison tats. You get a pretty quick idea of who you're dealing with. ;)

As for the purposes of the forum? I say post 'em, even if *technically* it's not a perfect fit. Part of the great thing about WC is that it gives folks a chance to expand their art-- maybe try a technique or support that they wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Tess

celticrichard
09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Maybe you could change the title of the "Calligraphy" section to "Calligraphy and knotwork"

Alex22
09-13-2006, 11:49 PM
hmmm... I could make a fairly strong argument that tattoos of *any* sort do that pretty well.

Tess

Well Tess,I never said ANY tattoos.If you read again my post,I was very clear and I said celtic tattoos.You didn't notice that little detail.:lol: