PDA

View Full Version : Without portfolio

puglover
08-06-2006, 02:40 AM
Hi I was wondering if there were many universities in Melbourne, Australia that will let you get into art courses without a portfolio and based primarily on your VCE enter.
Also what universities do you recomment in the Melbourne, Australia from which you dont need to show a portfolio?

:P Thanks,
Beck.

saralindsey
09-20-2006, 02:46 AM
i can't speak for australian schools, but i didn't show a portfolio for acceptance in either univerisity i attended. i did for my department scholarship and i have to for acceptance into a masters program. but call the art department offices, or admissions offices, they will be able to answer that for you. remember there are no stupid questions, call, write, e-mail ask better to know before you start applying. it is good to have a portfolio, no matter what, take it from a girl who has to build a brand new one, for well a very stupid mistake i made.

adee-adee
11-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi you guys, I wonder if anyone could direct me to a thread that talks about how to put together a portfolio. It's not for me, I wish, but for a dear person I know who is new to WC and does not yet know how to navigate here.
ME, I'm a beadmaker, I do glassart..
I hope i't ok to post here..mods?

nicanfhilidh
11-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi you guys, I wonder if anyone could direct me to a thread that talks about how to put together a portfolio. It's not for me, I wish, but for a dear person I know who is new to WC and does not yet know how to navigate here.
ME, I'm a beadmaker, I do glassart..
I hope i't ok to post here..mods?

There's a stickied thread at the top about building a portfolio ...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115832

adee-adee
11-04-2006, 07:08 PM
There's a stickied thread at the top about building a portfolio ...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115832

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it!:)
Cheers:)

puglover
12-08-2006, 11:30 PM
meep this dont help.
meh its to tricky.
i dont think my art is worth pursuing anywho.
ill get a good score for finishing school but not the artistic talent.

Alex Sunder
01-30-2007, 07:43 AM
I dont think portfolio reviews are mandatory in most of major schools around the world. In my university a LOT of people had very little experience in art when accepted.