PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany-Scratchboard and WC

Obedec
08-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I just finished this. I'm not overjoyed with it and only mildly satisfied. Can anyone put a finger on what it is? I may try to do another later. It's a 5x7 ampersand black clayboard with watercolors.
Karen

(ps...I was at a psychic festival today and someone bought Catitude when they noticed me showing it to a friend! Yeah!)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2006/48983-Web_Tiffany.jpg

Bertoni
08-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Karen :
Congratulations on the sale of "Catitude". :thumbsup: It's a great scratchboard!!!
I think this one is stellar!:clap: The brown color is the only thing I can put my finger on. I like it black & white. The blue on the package looks good! That's only my opinion. I may be wrong?.

Obedec
08-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Thank you. And that might be it because I just found another brown I use hidden in my box of paints, i.e., I didn't use it and this brown may just be eating at me. Thanks for commenting on the box, that was my first box and I was really puzzled as to how it was going to turn out. I guess it's a Tiffany box and they're always sky blue is what I was told. Shesh, when I'm a rich artist I'll buy myself one.
Karen

Merry Scribe
08-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Congratulations on your sale of Catitude :clap: Annie and I have completed the Celtic Lion and he turned out really nice I hope that you take a look at him. We are do not know much about scratchboarding so we really can not comment on it except say that we like it very much. Is scratchboarding done on paper or some other medium. It looks interesting and how hard is it to use this medium?

Blessed Be

Dave Slaughter
08-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I think it looks fine. I wish I could enlarge it futher on my screen. The detail looks fantastic.

Obedec
08-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks Dave...Yes, I love detail and maybe this doesn't have enough for me, or I focused too much on the box.

Thanks Brian and Annie...the original is on a cardboard type paper, but Ampersand has come out with masonite boards covered with clay and inked that are so much easier and fun to use.
Karen

gingery
08-08-2006, 01:07 AM
The Tiffany box is actually lighter than that...but that's being nit-picky:rolleyes: ...I think this looks great!:clap: Congrats on your sale!:thumbsup: That's wonderful!:cool:
ginger

Obedec
08-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks, I'll make the next one lighter..this picture has too much potential to be left alone, I'll probably work another one in.
Karen

Mary Woodul
08-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Karen, this is a very charming scratchboard. Congratulations on the sale.:clap: :clap: :clap: