PDA

View Full Version : Chaos of Reason (WIP)

octiigon
08-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I've been posting in the abstract forum. Since all my work is in pen & ink, thought I'd post here as well.

20 x 30 inches

Any comments / suggestions / questions welcome.

Thanks,

Justin

MonicaB
08-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi Justin and welcome. :D I'm so glad you did post -- this is wonderful. It's one of those pieces I could spend hours looking at, finding new stuff.

Jakeally
08-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow ... nice work. Flowing and organic. I like this a lot:clap:

DBSullivan
08-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow! That's intense! So much detail... so much time! Nice work!

valchina612
08-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the Pen and Ink Forum Justin. :wave:
Wow, this really has some work in it. Great texture and shading, and so much to look at. So glad you came on over to our Forum. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

octiigon
08-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

Also, thanks for taking the time to look. :)

octiigon
09-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Had some spare time to work on this...

MonicaB
09-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Lookin good!

valchina612
09-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I agree with Monica.

Val. :wave:

Vegas Art Guy
09-13-2006, 11:57 PM
very nice, how long have you been obsesssed er working on this?

octiigon
09-14-2006, 02:56 AM
MonicaB- Thanks for your comment!

Val- Thanks!

Vegas Art Guy- Lol... On and Off for a year... Most of the work has been done in the past month, as I've been puting this one off for other projects. Anywhere from 100-200 hours have been put into this (I'm not really sure...) I actually have to finish it ASAP for an upcoming show. I've learned quite a bit from this one piece, probably more than anything else I've done combined...

sassybird
09-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the P&I forum, Justin. This is a fantastic abstract, and I can see how you could put 100+ hours into it. Your values are great, and I love all the elements of the piece. I hope that you will share future pieces with us as well.

DBSullivan
09-15-2006, 03:24 AM
This is awesome, Justin! :thumbsup: This reminds me of something similar to what I would've done when I was your age. (especially the time spent.. I'm a nut like that also! :rolleyes: ) I can understand how you've learned from this, and I predict you're going to have a great "inking career" ahead of you! And keep the updates coming.. even if it takes 2 more years! We don't mind! :wave:

octiigon
09-15-2006, 01:36 PM
sassybird- Thanks!

artistdbs - Thanks alot! It's actually almost done! (Finally!) I'll post an update soon... It's taken so long because I've been working on smaller pieces to build skill / portfolio for galleries (and I still have a long way to go). This piece has been really anxious because it had no initial form / sketch / idea to it (other than to be chaos)... so every line was a hit or miss to totally screw it up... Thank you for your foilage tutorial, I've actually started experimenting with the scribbling technique now, and it's proving to be quite an effective texture!

Jakeally
09-15-2006, 01:46 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Keep it up:thumbsup:

octiigon
11-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Haven't posted in awhile... have a few new "things" to post I suppose :P

I've been done with this for awhile.... Just been writing more than scribbling these days.

I had a show about a month and a half ago, and needless to say, this was definitely a favorite of the crowd!

This piece symbolizes Dark Chaos, (or for the Scientifically inclined Dark Matter).

The next piece I'm working on is Light Chaos (I plan on both running from both spectrums towards the center - towards Unity) the mirror of this piece (arranged in full spectrum of colors, with hints of darkness permeating throughout.)

Thanks All,

J.

MonicaB
11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
I love looking at your work. Looking forward to the next one too!

seejay
11-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Great drawing, it really gets the imagination going - and thanks for the detail shots - there really is a lot happening.

I'm not sure that the real dark matter will be this exciting!;)

Cheers

octiigon
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your nice comments!

seejay Hmmmm maybe! Dark Matter is quite interesting though! :lol: