PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Shows

MarshaSavage
03-17-2002, 07:35 AM
Just read some good things about others!

First: I will be the "Featured Artist" on Sat., April 6, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, in Blue Ridge, GA at High Country Art Gallery, and will have about 25 paintings on display. They have a gallery tour once a month in Blue Ridge in conjunction with the Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association and several other art-related businesses. It is quite a success, lots of customers. I always go to the "gallery tour" even if I am not the featured artist. I will be doing a demonstration of pastel painting during the evening and talking to all the customers. It is so much fun. I have made a lot of friends and people love meeting the artist - they usually buy after meeting the artist!

Second: I have a "Solo" show in Smyrna, GA at Concord Gallery starting on Sat., April 27 -- the reception is that evening from 6:00 - 8:00. I usually send about 1000 invitations - this is my third solo show at this gallery in 4 years (we do it about every 18 months). I grew up in Smyrna, so a lot of people come and I usually sell some paintings. I usually have about 40 - 50 new paintings - mostly pastel. Try to come if you are in the metro Atlanta are or are visiting here. If you do, please let me know you saw this on WetCanvas.

Third: Are ya'll tired of this yet? I am one of eight artists invited to participate in a show "American Scenes" being hosted by the Cherokee County Arts Council in Canton GA. The reception is Friday, May 17 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm. The show will have about 10 paintings per artist and will be on display through July 7. They have a nice new facility in a renovated old church in downtown Canton behind the Courthouse. Please visit - or come to the reception.

Thanks for letting me share this - it is a busy time getting ready for these three events.

JulieB
03-20-2002, 06:32 AM
Well I'm just a babe in the woods...sigh...
Have a wonderful time....can fly over there sorry...
But would try and make it otherwise
Wow all this sounds impressive...all the best

Roni Anderson
04-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Marsha:

Congratulations:clap: :clap: ! You are going to be covering a lot of ground! I hope to be back in GA for a month or so doing some funraising for our work here and will definitely try to come by!