PDA

View Full Version : Help!Presentation...

Karolina
03-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi guys!!!!
I have done several drawings for a horsey book. The drawings were made in pencil and I have scanned the images to send to her. The author seems to like them so far. Well my question is, that the author lives in Dubai, and I live in Toronto, how can I send her the images that are presentable (not poorly scanned images) and still hold on to the originals. Forgive me but I am new to the art business and illustration. To this point I only drew for myself.
Thanks. :confused: :confused:

IllustrationsByJohn
03-17-2002, 01:02 PM
When you say submit images to her...are you talking the print images or the roughs? What I have done in the past with international clients is a few things.
A) Scan the finals then email them over...but if the final is a HUGE Tiff file, I have went to an online storage system and given the client the pass where I have uploaded it to, then let them download it.
B) Scan it at 150dpi then email it over to them. Either in rough or final then snail mail the originals.
C) If wanting to keep the original artwork, have it scanned then burn the images on CD....send the CD snail mail via "Global Priority" mail which the cost for is VERY low ($5 to German and is there in 4 days) and bill the client for the post cost. Also email them low res finals.
Hope this helps you somewhat. The net does make everything possible these days...both good and bad.

Karolina
03-19-2002, 12:02 AM
THANKS, YOU WERE A TREMANDOUS HELP. I WILL TAKE EVERYTHING INTO CONSIDERATION. I WILL ALSO SPEAK TO THE AUTHOR.
THANKS

IllustrationsByJohn
03-19-2002, 12:25 AM
I am glad that I could help. I have been using the net as a freelance base for quite awhile now......it takes some experimenting but can be done just right :)