PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding paper!!!!

Tammy Rigsby
07-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Hello!
I am hoping somebody out there can help me. I have been painting with pastels for a year now and after using a wide variety of surfaces upon which to paint, I have really taken a very strong liking to suede paper. The only trouble is I can't seem to find any of it anywhere!! The store where I originally made my purchase no longer carries it and I have searched the internet for a source but can find NOTHING! I can find emerald green(my favorite color!) sueded paper in 8 1/2" by 11" sheets, but I can't find it larger(25 1/2" by 20" is what I prefer). I don't know the brand name- there are no identifying marks .
I would appreciate any information anyone may have----I am about to go insane looking for this stuff!!!
Thanks!
Tammy

chewie
07-30-2006, 09:17 PM
suede or velour? is there a diff.? i know blicks and a couple other catalogs sell something called hanelmeul (i know i really butchered the spelling, but i bet most know what i meant!). too bad about your situation, how frustrating!! and let us know what you find! btw, when can we see these works on green paper?! ;)

gfwolf
07-30-2006, 09:29 PM
If velour is the same or if you want to try it here is a link to MisterArt which has 26 in. x 20 in. velour emerald green for $2.48 a sheet.

http://www.misterart.com/g1173/National-Velour-Heavyweight-Colored-Velour-Sheet.htm?WT.mc_n=froogle&WT.mc_t=CPC&WT.mc_id=1173

Wolfie

Merethe T
07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Here's a link for suede, and it seems it's not the same as velour...I think this is what Rose is using, if I remember correctly she had this link in one of her threads... http://www.papertex.com/

Tressa
07-31-2006, 08:45 AM
I think Cori uses suede matboard, you might try that also...
Tres

khourianya
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Indeed I do, Tres.

I actually talked to a local framing shop and asked if they ever sellt heir scraps. Turned out they did and for $50 I got ALOT of suede matboard to work on. I should be good for animal paintings for a couple of years off that one purchase!

Bringer
07-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi there,

Rose Baggs uses suede.
PM her and she'll tell you where you can get it.
Have you ever tried velour paper from Hanehmuhle ?

Kind regards,

Josť

Lisalovestopaint
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Hobby Lobby has been clearancing a type of velour or suede paper. They are less that $1.50 per large sheet.

bluefish
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Tammy:

Suede and velour are two different materials - you can purchase 'suede board' in the 20"x32" size from 'fineartstore.com' - go to their site and click on papers and you will find it in a couple of colors.

'bluefish'

Tammy Rigsby
07-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks to all that replied! I did buy my paper at our local Hobby Lobby and I bought all they had. I even drive to another one to see if they had it, but they were all out too! I ordered 10 sheets of the emerald green from Misterart but it was not the same thing- the color was not as dark and it was much warmer. I haven't tried it yet- who knows, I might like it better. I will try to contact the above mentioned person to see if they can help.
As soon as I get a camera I will post some of my pictures. I will look forward to hearing what you think. I am fairly new and I am still trying to figure out how to use this wonderful website, and my computer....I am a techno-dudd!
Sincerely,
Tammy