PDA

View Full Version : title help needed ASAP--curved road at sunset

Deborah Secor
07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
I KNOW I've shown this one here before but do you think I can find it? Well, anyway, I need a good title for this one so that I can submit the slide to a show. You all are so good with titles and I am sooooo not.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2006/23609-LastLight.jpg

I called it Last Light, which is so boring. Anyone have something better for me!? Please help... Thanks!

Deborah

formerlyunknownart
07-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Give us more info about it... where is it? that might help, as I"m drawing a blank right now. Very nice painting btw

PeggyB
07-30-2006, 12:54 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay with the "alliteration" idea as per your Red Roof thread...

Bright Bend 053106 (or whatever date you did it or think you did it!)
or
Curious Curve 053106 (now there's a true alliteration!)
or
Peachy Perilous Pathway 053106
or
I think I'd best stop this as I just might be having too much fun! Maybe Bluefish will come up with a better one.

Peggy

*Violet*
07-30-2006, 01:26 AM
how about ..... directions ...

formerlyunknownart
07-30-2006, 04:32 AM
hmmmm "twilight turn?"

skallagrig
07-30-2006, 05:00 AM
i think they all sound a bit contrived, i would stick with road at sunset or maybe sunset road. but not knowing the market over there maybe the other ideas are in keeping.

Tressa
07-30-2006, 08:04 AM
How about "Twilight Cruise" or "Evening Drive" or "No Headlights Needed"
"Last Stretch"...hmm...
Tres

Kathryn Wilson
07-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Is there a name to the road - like Taos Road or Road to Angel Fire?

fortysomething
07-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Walking Home
Road Trip
Sunset Shadows
Crossroads
Road to <wherever it goes>
Speed Trap
Around the Bend

I've always liked the mellow feeling I get from this one. Late Afternoon on <insert name of street> also works well.

Deborah Secor
07-30-2006, 09:33 AM
It's on Old Santa Fe Trail--an overused title around here! More than one person has recognized it. "Oh yeah," they say, "right where it goes up the hill where the old cleaners used to be..."

Maybe 'Evening Trail'... Not sure yet.

Deborah

Bringer
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi Deborah,

«The engine stalled. Damn !"

«The engine stalled uphill. Damn !»

Kind regards,

José

Diane Cutter
07-30-2006, 11:09 AM
How about 'Going Home' or 'The Home Stretch'....

Diane

Charles Perera
07-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I will call it "Driving Home", because looking at it I saw a slow drive through softly colourful surroundings, in calm and serenity.

thanks,
Charles

prettytulips
07-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Can I critique? The upper right corner seems unfinished. The road goes into an area with no bushes or trees? My eye went right there, so it just leaves the feeling as though you forgot an area. I really like this though. The pavement is really cool.

Adriana Meiss
07-30-2006, 12:28 PM
This might sound silly, but as I see beautiful corals and oranges I'm thinking "Coral Twilight."
Adriana

bluefish
07-30-2006, 01:28 PM
If I knew what "alliteration" meant I may be of assistance! I really like 'Kyle's " Road to Angel Fire" - it's got that questimate in it - 'where is angel fire?', the observer asks themselves! Good one, Kyle!

"It's Just Around the Bend!" - makes the viewer wonder what is around the bend and has them study the painting in more detail!

Or as Peggy so apply put it " painting "# 576 on 73106"!

Merethe T
07-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Hmm, I'm with Diane and Charles here, "Going home", because the warm atmosphere and colours gives me as a viewer a sence of calm and safety...there's something comforting in this painting..

Kathryn Wilson
07-30-2006, 01:52 PM
I vaguely remember that if you go north from Taos towards Colorado, there is a snow skiing area there called Angel Fire - am I correct Dee?

It's a lovely drive up through there - you go from high desert to mountains rather quickly - and you eventually wind up in Durango, Colorado.

But my placement of Angel Fire may be off.

paul444
07-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Great painting.
How about ' the open road '.

bluefish
07-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Now that Peggy has so kindly enlightened me - "alliteration" - the name just has to be-

"BLUEFISH BOULEVARD"!

bogbeast
07-30-2006, 07:00 PM
The Road Home"?

Kathryn Wilson
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
"Perfect Ending"

chewie
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Are We There Yet!!!!

Winny Kerr
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi Deborah,
Blair, my hubby, said; "Homeward"
Winny

BeckyMc
07-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Beautiful painting, Deborah! When I opened this, Willie Nelson started singing "On the Road Again"... Good luck with the title. If I can get Willie out of my head and think of something else, I'll repost. Let us know what you decide!

Merethe T
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Ah yeh, I like "Homeward"!

dany
07-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't think anyone said "Almost Home," which feels a little more serene and less stressful to me than "Going Home." Other thoughts that came to mind were "Approaching Day's End," "Slowing Down," "Blink," "A Familiar Trail," "Chasing Last Light," "As the Sun Fades," "Turn to You" .... aagghhh ... I don't know, I just like it. It could mean so many things to so many different people. To me, it seems like that one captured moment of beauty and serenity that people miss at the end of the day. Good luck choosing a name! :)

Deborah Secor
07-30-2006, 10:24 PM
You all are so refreshing--thanks so much for all your ideas. I like a lot of these thoughts. I'll be mulling it over and let you know what I decide to use. I have to send the slides out fairly soon.

Can I critique?Thanks for asking and giving an opinion, but I'm afraid this is long since finished and decided. I'm not looking for critique--just title help!

Yep, Kat, Angel Fire is a ski area up near Taos, as you mentioned. If I titled this one 'Road to Angel Fire' people would look at me funny. That road is anything but lined with domestic little homes like this one...! They'd expect big vistas of high mountains.

Ack! Now I need to go put on some music and chase Willie Nelson out of my head, Becky! :D

Deborah

palettetalk
07-31-2006, 12:19 AM
How about "The Road Less Travelled..."

Deborah Secor
07-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, after much consideration I decided to cobble together a couple different ones and called it:

Twilight Crossroads

I just decided that fit the place and the mood. I noted down a lot of these titles and I'm starting a database with them, so the next time I need one I can cruise through. I plan to keep asking you, trust me!

Thanks again to you all.

Deborah

PeggyB
08-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Good choice Deborah, and super idea to put the suggestions into a data base. I think I'll have to do this sometime too as I hate choosing titles. Darn that Willie Nelson! On the Road Again indeed - I love to listen to that song as I begin all my various road trip adventures, but not tonight!!! Wonder if Three Blind Mice will chase Willie away.
Peggy