PDA

View Full Version : *~*Hope dies at last!*~*

Vany89
07-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi I've painted this one for a competition in another german forum. The subject was "hope"

You can imagine what this little Orang-Utan do in this cage and where he'll go.

I choose this picture, because I think those poor creatures are a part of our human family and I want to know, why people are able to hurt such sweet animals. It's a big question without a right answer for me.

pastels on DIN A4

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/Jacky89/Orang-Utan.jpg

need your opinion to this subject and this painting.

Greetings Vany

Tressa
07-29-2006, 03:51 PM
OMG Vany!! this brings tears to my eyes...It is haunting, and beautiful at the same time...I was just reading a book, and the couple were in the market in Hong Kong, and it was describing the woman's reaction to the animals all in their cages waiting in the heat and noise for someone to buy them for dinner:crying:
What a sad sweet little guy....
Tres

Vany89
07-29-2006, 04:13 PM
oh thank you so much. My reaction is the same when I hear such things. Thanks for your kind comment :D

Greetings Vany

Charles Perera
07-29-2006, 06:18 PM
It is great dedicating paintings to make people aware of cruelty to animals.
The civilized societies imprison criminals and law breakers. But what crimes have these innocent beings done to keep them behind bars.

It is great your painting,
Thank you,
Charles

M Douglas
07-31-2006, 01:27 AM
Beautiful painting Vany but oh so sad.

Melodie

spiggle
08-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I choose this picture, because I think those poor creatures are a part of our human family and I want to know, why people are able to hurt such sweet animals. It's a big question without a right answer for me.

Because humans are evil.

You could make this your artistic calling, your life's work by painting animals this way and bringing attention at art shows to the suffering of the other life on this planet.

You could also sell these paintings for enviromental charities so that they can do their work to save lives.

:thumbsup:

Vany89
08-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Thank you very much :D
I also have to say, I won this competition with only 2 points more :)

Thanks for your kind words.

Greetings Vany

spiggle
08-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I was just reading a book, and the couple were in the market in Hong Kong, and it was describing the woman's reaction to the animals all in their cages waiting in the heat and noise for someone to buy them for dinner:crying:

And I think it is rather disgusting that the most popular buddha in China is the buddha of COMPASSION. Guess that doesn't exstend to anything that could make you a buck.

Not to mention the fact they are holding a small 3 or 4 year old child that was supposed to be the reincarnation of an important lama in Tibet's religion and no one has had any word of the child's safety.

:mad:

sielograms
08-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Vany, Beautiful depiction of this animal, your painting pretty much says it all.
Sharon

Merriel
08-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Vany: I think you focused and captured the most important thing here. The
eyes say it all and bars finalize it. Very well done. thank you for sharing
this. Congratulations on your win. wow close, 2 points.. The win here
I am sure, is that you got the message across.

leirrem