PDA

View Full Version : Another Drawing

G.L. Hoff
03-16-2002, 12:45 PM
Here's another work with technical pen that I did about two weeks ago...it's actually on a postcard (for one of the projects here on WC)...a view of my drawing/watercolor area..."Dirty Water"

dnip24
03-16-2002, 08:07 PM
looks very original that kit! Nice work!

artdude
03-16-2002, 10:33 PM
Nice still life Gary. I see this is all line work and no crosshatching. Do you use different sized pen nibs, or just work with one to build up your values?? You did a great job with your contour and straight lines :D Great to see you posting more of your ink works.

:clap: :clap:

G.L. Hoff
03-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by artdude
Nice still life Gary. I see this is all line work and no crosshatching. Do you use different sized pen nibs, or just work with one to build up your values?? You did a great job with your contour and straight lines :D Great to see you posting more of your ink works.

:clap: :clap:

Pen and ink I do a lot of different ways...crosshatching sometimes...contour lines only sometimes. I mostly use tech pens (good ole Rapidographs) in various sizes but I somtimes use ruling pens (not often, I admit) and I often use the old standby crow quill nib in a pen holder. I've also used a glass pen sometimes (blown glass--beautiful--a gift from my daughter). A lot of my ink drawings I tint with watercolor...If I can find a few more, I'll post 'em one of these days.

Cheers

dolors
03-18-2002, 01:06 AM
It's a very nice drawing. With only a few lines you have captured the scene. Please post more.

sassybird
03-18-2002, 09:03 AM
I love my tech pens. I have the Faber-Castell pens, as set of 7 that I bought over 20 yrs ago, and they are still working like new.

It is fun to work with just line and contour sometimes. I let the subject dictate what kind of line work I do. This is a good still life, and one familar:D

RuthT
03-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Looks familiar to me too - except I'm not so organized.

Nice work Gary.

NorahT
03-20-2002, 01:41 PM
Very nice line work - I look forward to seeing some or your pen work and watercolour pieces :)

G.L. Hoff
03-20-2002, 02:06 PM
Hi, Norah--

Thanks for looking. Click on any of the posts with my name in the last few days and you'll see some ink and wash work, or take a look in the Watercolor forum--one there called Bring on the Burgers I did a few days ago on a postcard.

Cheers.