PDA

View Full Version : Scratchboard Tiger with Colour

Greenish Apple
07-28-2006, 08:24 PM
One of the tigers we saw at Jungle Cat World in Orono, Ontario. My friend Jen gave me the photo. I used an ear from another tiger for his left ear. If I scanned it the right side would be whiter.
I like the head but the body seems off.
Xposted in Animal & Wildlife Art.

Acrylic, watercolour, black & sepia ink on white scratchboard.
I scraped the lines with a #16 X-Acto blade.
12.8 x 17.8 cm (5 x 7 inches)

David

Mary Woodul
07-28-2006, 08:51 PM
David, this is very nice, I like the colors and mediums you are using. I couldn't get the thumbnail to enlarge. Maybe my computer is slow. I can't tell if the body is off because the photo is cropped a little more than the piece but it doesn't look off to me. I will try later to see it closer.

Dave Slaughter
07-28-2006, 09:11 PM
This is a very nice piece and a good subject for scratchboard. The fur detail came out great. Thanks for sharing. Dave

gingery
07-29-2006, 02:59 AM
This is a very nice piece! :clap: I don't see anything off about it. You're colour is lighter for the gold of the fur, but that doesn't bother me. The grass is lighter as well, but that's alright as well. I thing you've done a fine job on this.:thumbsup: You're proportions on the tiger look fine.:cool:
ginger :wave:

Jakeally
07-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Yep ... I like it. You did a great job on the head. Don't see anything wrong with the body either.