PDA

View Full Version : inez & benny

skallagrig
07-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi all,

I haven't had a phone lines for months so i have just spent a week catching up on all the good work on the forums i visit.

I took the photos for this one about six months ago and this is the second attempt. the person won the portrait in a charity raffle and didnt want it doing. the challenge is to get her to like it!!! btw she loves the dog!

pastels on sennelier pastel card 60 x45 cms

lyn

Mike_Beeman
07-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Lyn,
I've been waiting forever to see you post again...love the portrait! I probably wouldn't worry much trying to get the individual to like it...her loss! Once again beautiful work and hope to see more!
mike

Charles Perera
07-28-2006, 12:35 PM
lyn,
this is a hymn, a raphsody, a bethovan symphony of you artistic ability;

thankyou,
Charles

mdefeiter
07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
This is absolutely gorgeous!

Mariska

Naomi21
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Owh this is so beautiful!
I just can't imagine that the lady won't like this work ;) .

M Douglas
07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Stunning painting Lynn!! I thought it was a photo at first.

Melodie

*Marina*
07-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Beautiful work Lyn. You are so good at doing portraits. Great to see how you manage the subtle colour differences. We missed your work here.

fortysomething
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
This is wonderful. :)

Adriana Meiss
07-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow, such realism! Beautiful work Lyn. Her loss if she doesn't like it.
Adriana

scall0way
07-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Like all your work, this is absolutely stunning. So glad to see you posting here again. How could the person not love this! She must be one of those people who is super-critical of herself and can never be satisfied! I wish I could see your first attempt too, I bet it was also wonderful Maybe you should just give her a portrait of her dog! But you are a good soul to put so much work and effort into a charity auction portrait. The woman should be *thrilled*.

Tressa
07-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Really, a superb painting!! The casualness is a great sight of companionship.. lovely..
Tres

formerlyunknownart
07-28-2006, 10:39 PM
The portrait is absolutely lovely! I once read that because people are so critical of themselves that a portrait artist should ask that the sitter show it to their family and friends before rejecting it outright. Usually the family and friends are more objective and can convince the sitter that it is indeed a wonderful work. Maybe you can try that?

chewie
07-28-2006, 11:10 PM
stunning work, i too love the casual pose of them both, so refreshing.
and your colors in the person, perfect!

dany
07-29-2006, 01:20 AM
I agree with Debbie -- this person must be critical of herself, because the portrait is totally amazing. I'd love to see it more close up! Incredible.

Gis
07-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Wow ...this is amazing, just beautiful.
Gis

skallagrig
07-29-2006, 09:04 AM
thankyou everyone, this one has been really difficult to do, she isn't really critical of herself but she has set ideas of what she thinks she looks like. the pose etc where ok but the eyes were the main problem. she didnt see herself with deep set eyes, and is quite proud of them hence she chose the photo looking right at the camera.

i have opened them slightly now and made her mouth a bit more smiley. it was mentioned elsewhere that she looked a bit wary / apprehensive.

scalloway, you're right about putting in alot of work for a charity auction, she's getting this for % euros not sure what that is in dollars, but its only my time i/m donating to the charity and also it is / was a big avertisement for me so i can't let it go untill i'm pleased with it.

formerlyunknownartist, the friends think she looks beautiful in it so i think i'll let them do the talking from now on.

i need to put it behind glass so i can't tweak it any more!!!!

heres a couple of closeups, the quality isn't very good because they are done with a flash, never mind i think you get the idea.

i've also attached the photo i wanted to use.

thanks again

lyn

Tressa
07-29-2006, 09:10 AM
LOL, I wouldn't tell her THAT, but you have actually mader her MORE lovely than she really is:evil: , so I would be proud of what you have done most definitely!!!
Tres

binkie
07-29-2006, 03:26 PM
This is incredibly stunning.

binkie

tURBOCAT
07-29-2006, 07:54 PM
This is indeed stunning and the woman looks lovely - what's not to like?

Johnnie

Merethe T
07-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Ahhh, this is simply beautiful, great likeness! Love the casual pose, the woman should be loving this, because it's just brilliant...