PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy

seejay
03-15-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope that title got you in!:D

This is a mix of sepia pigmented ink, and pastel. The colours are a bit dull, because I rubbed the pastel to try and keep the layer thin. I used washes of ink for the background hills and smoke, and some undiluted ink for linework, most of which is covered.

As with all my pictures, looking back I see things I like, and bits I don't like. In this one, I like the background hills - the pastel over the ink wash really works for me, plus the smoke. I don't like the middle distant hills near the burning castle.

Sorry if there is too much pastel and not enough ink!!:)

Any comments welcome!

Cheers, Chris

(The system is complaining about the size of my image, so I will shrink it until it fits! Hopefully you can still see it!)

dolors
03-16-2002, 01:42 AM
This is really good Chris. I like the painting in general including the middle distant hills. I should try this tecnique. Thank you for sharing with us.

artdude
03-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi seejay, you have quite a mixed media going on here. I have to admit that I can't see much ink in this. It's also hard to see the burning castle. Now that you have the whole painting displayed here, how about a detail shot of the castle?? I noticed the two poles and they look like they have a skull on each? Am I right?? The way I am seeing this just might be my color blindess kicking in and that makes it tough to do any kind of critique. This is just my personal prefference, but I would like to see more ink line work. Your use of mediums look interesting. Wish I was that brave :D

dnip24
03-16-2002, 08:09 PM
looks beautiful that landscape, but the sky color looks a little dark!
Thanks to sharing it!

seejay
03-18-2002, 09:39 PM
dolors and dnip,

It was my pleasure to share - glad you liked it!

artdude,

This is on A4 paper ( about 8x11 inches in primitive measuring systems), and it was a quick exercise for me, so there is no real detail here to see. I see more because it came from my imagination, I suppose!

I only posted this because things were slow around here - I also prefer to see more ink line work - things seem to be picking up. tho'. Keep up the good work everyone.:clap:

Chris