PDA

View Full Version : Wash drawings

J.Dillon
03-15-2002, 11:21 PM
Been away a while. I have an interest in doing wash drawings no colors at all. Can anybody direct me to a book on this subject only ?

JD:confused:

kitaye
03-16-2002, 03:49 AM
IF you go to the Other Mediums forum here on WC you will find a couple of "lessons" on Chinese Wash techniques using water based ink. I found them to be quite interesting.

J.Dillon
03-16-2002, 08:41 AM
Thanks Kitaye, It looks like it's just what I need for now.

I know a kit is a young fox, but what is "aye" ?

artdude
03-16-2002, 11:38 AM
Not sure of any books just on ink washes but there are quite a few books on ink art. The one I use is called "The Pen & Ink Book" (subtitle) -Materials and Techiniques for Todays Artists- by Jos. A. Smith. He discusses everything from tools to papers. Everything you want to know about ink is in this book. Check it out!! :D

kitaye
03-16-2002, 02:15 PM
:D Its actually Ki'taye but I have removed the apostrophy and use it as a net name. Was originally a play on Kitty but after putting the long A accent on the second syllable(sp)it kinda reminded me of the legend of the Japanese Fox Maiden, thus the Fox imagery. So now it is more along the lines of Kit(young fox) and Eh(colloquial form of "you know" in Canada)but with cooler spelling };>

Originally posted by J.Dillon
Thanks Kitaye, It looks like it's just what I need for now.

I know a kit is a young fox, but what is "aye" ?