PDA

View Full Version : Greenman II

Merry Scribe
07-23-2006, 02:05 PM
I fixed up the Greenman by taking everyone suggestion I darked it and Annie colored him using oil pencils and colored pencils.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jul-2006/75646-Greenman_II.jpg

Please make any criticisms or comments on him they are more than welcome Annie and I both would like everyone comments. Because we are thinking about selling these at graft fairs and on e-bay.

Brian :wave: :D

celticrichard
07-23-2006, 03:55 PM
It`s more colourfull,but i think i liked the contrast of wood in the old version,not saying this one is bad though.Im thinking of my own version of the green man using the 12 trees and herbs sacred to the druids:reed(my own ,symbol of knowledge),alder,ash,rowan,ivy,oak,hazel,birch,eldr,hawthorn,holly, vine and yew which is not included but is my fave tree..And i will try that raised gesso tecnique.It will also have knotwork.THe words will be:Fullfillment of the Green Knight`s Challenge,.

CPM
07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Brian, This is really cool. I like the two tone leaf colors. I saw a medallion with the green man on it while I was in Florida. This looks a lot like that one. - Chris

Merry Scribe
07-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words Chris and Annie thanks you. We are thinking that we could sell these and we are trying to get peoples oppinions about this. I posted it here because it is celtic art even though it is not calligraphy. I am still working on the tradition celtic cross and I am going to burn that also.

Brian :wave: :D