PDA

View Full Version : Terry's new Sunset Collection

nana b
07-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I just ordered Terry Ludwigs new Sunset Collection yesterday. 14 colors from warm yellows to warm reds to cool reds. This is my first TLs and I'm really looking forward to trying them. I first heard about the red and yellow collection by reading a post from Bluefish to Terry inquiring about them. They really sounded intriging. I also ordered the intense dark set. I'm supposed to get them Monday. I talked to Terry in person and he is really a nice guy. I also asked him about maybe a set made up of light greys for still life set ups and he said he had had more inquiries on the same thing and that he might work on that.
Thanks Blue for your post that instigated my order. I had been wanting to try Terry's pastels for awhile and that did it. I love the brilliant yellows and reds!

Kitty Wallis
07-22-2006, 09:01 PM
It just arrived. I am yellow-orange-red satisfied! It glows.

I make most of my own, but the ones I buy are Terry's. He has the clear strong colors I love. And I've gone thru 2 of his 85 color sets of greens!

Deborah Secor
07-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Photos! I would love photos of the colors... I hadn't heard about Terry's sunset colors. Sounds like my kind of set. He was just here but I couldn't get to the PSNM meeting where he did a demo and sold pastels. They probably got firsts on everything!

Deborah

AnnieA
07-23-2006, 11:32 AM
They really do sound wonderful...I have added that intense dark set to the ever-growing list of items I must have!

btw, there are very helpful photo color charts posted on the website (Terry's): http://www.terryludwig.com/charts.html

Khadres
07-23-2006, 02:58 PM
No sunset colors set on his website yet! When you get yours, would you mind getting a pic of it for us, Annie? Drooooooollllling in advance! :D

bluefish
07-23-2006, 09:02 PM
INTENCE is the word for these pastels - all pure pigment in intense yellow , building to orange and then to bright orangy-red to 'blood' red to Ruby(?)- exquisite color - bold color!

And yes, Terry is a delight to speak with - now don't bother him because he's hard at work on the 'NORTHEAST' selection! Maybe he'll call it the 'bluefish NE collection'!

'bluefish'

Merriel
07-23-2006, 10:37 PM
I just ordered the sunset pastels also. I have his darks, and a 60 piece set of landscape which I've pretty well gone through so I've ordered another
landscape set but only 30. I love his landscape set he has a lot of greys in
it, the first set I bought. No more for me for awhile.

Mine should be here Tuesday I think I'm really looking forward to the reds.

leirrem

nana b
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I think the Norhteast Collection would be great named the "Bluefish Collection"! :thumbsup:
I received the Sunset's today and what good service. I ordered them on Thurs and received them today. They are absolutely gorgeous! I will be trying them and the dark set out this week and will let you guys know how I like them. Of course, you have to remember TLs are entirely new to me. So this will be fun for sure.:clap:
nana b

Deborah Secor
07-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Nana--PHOTOS! Shoot a pic of the set, will ya??? Thanks!

Deborah

meowmeow
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Yummy....they sound fabulous. I think I will probably have to get them.

That's funny about the Northeast collection....when her was here in Maine last month we were telling him he needed to make a Maine set, although the Eric Michaels set has a lot of wonderful greys. I got that set and have been using it a lot. And marsha Savage's southeast set. I guess my problem now is I don't like using much else. Oh well!

Sandy

nana b
07-24-2006, 11:49 PM

Deborah

I took pictures and they didn't turn out very good. Let me try tomorrow in the daylight. I'm new at uploading images also, had help last time but I'll do my best.
Sorry, nana b

nana b
07-26-2006, 12:09 AM

Deborah

Deborah, here's the Sunset Collection.:wave:

Deborah Secor
07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Excellent! Thanks so much, nana...wow...<drool> I see what you all mean--my kinds of colors.

Deborah

Khadres
07-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow! They really DO glow, don't they??? Gotta order myself a set....right after I get something painted and feel I deserve it!

Bringer
07-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi,

They may be called Sunset Collection, but I bet they'd do wonders on a still life...
Are you going to use them as keychains when you can't see the keyhole at night ? :-)

Kind regards,

Josť

bluefish
07-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Jose:

You can go from Summer= Sunflowers, right into Fall= Pumpkins, then into Christmas= Pointsettia with the Sunset Collection!

'bluefish'

Tressa
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
WOW!! Those are bright!!! I was thinking the same Jose!! Vibrant Still Lifes!!!:D
Tres

bluefish
07-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Tres:

A big,bold 'poppie'- 32"x40"! - let's see it!

'the fish that's blue'

Kitty Wallis
07-27-2006, 04:13 PM
They are even more beautilful than the pic shows. Darker reds and richer progression thru the oranges. No pic could be good enuf.

Tressa
07-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Tres:

A big,bold 'poppie'- 32"x40"! - let's see it!

'the fish that's blue'

I have to beg to buy them first, lol!!! :lol:
Tres

bluefish
07-29-2006, 07:34 PM
I was only teasing about not bothering Terry, please bother the heck out of him while ordering the new 'Sunset collection' - it will keep him young/happy!

And if he stays young/happy he will turn out more magnificent pastels for all of us!

'bluefish'

artist_pw
08-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Hi:

Where can these be ordered? I didn't see this set on either Dakota's or Terry Ludwig's site. Those colors are great.

nana b
08-01-2006, 06:55 PM
You will have to call Terry and order them directly from him. That's what I did.
nana b

Bill Foehringer
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow!!!! I have the Unison Orange collection but the TLs are eye-popping. BillF

johndill01
08-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Just ordered these this afternoon from Terry. Can hardly wait for these to arrive. Just like a kid in a candy shop.

John

P.S. Give Terry a call. You will enjoy talking to him while ordering any of his pastels. This is real customer service.