PDA

View Full Version : Amish watercolor collage

ColorsoftheRainbow
07-19-2006, 11:56 AM
This is 16 x 16 in. and is primarily watercolor w/ watercolor pencils. I have differnt peices raised up off of the board. It will be encased in a shadow box. The tilte of the piece is 'In the World but not of the World' and I was wanting to convey the tension I imagine the amish must feel trying to live their lives as our societies close in on them. I wanted the buildings to look like outcroppings of the field that kind of sprang up there. Does this work?

Any CC is welcomed.
Thank you.

Mary Woodul
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I think this really works nicely. You can feel the man and his field being confined to a much smaller area and closed in where as before his vision to the horizon was never ending. I love the color in it! Nice work!

Bertoni
07-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Well done!!!:clap: What you're trying to convey works for me!!! Nice work!

ColorsoftheRainbow
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Thank you for the nice comments. This is for a benefit auction in an area of the country in which many Amish live. It will be at the Ohio Mennonite Relief Sale if anyone is familar with that. Its kind of a big deal around here but the sale is known for the quilts that are auctioned-- beautiful, beautiful quilts! Maybe for next year I can come up with a collage about quilts! Too bad I jsut thought of that now-- duh!