PDA

View Full Version : Let's do Lunch

sassybird
03-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Line and pointilism. I started to add a bit of watercolor to the piece then backed off. Now I think I had better go ahead and add some more. It looks awkward to me as it is.

Christie
03-14-2002, 10:49 PM
I think that the additional watercolour would be a good idea at this stage. I love the grasshoppers!

dolors
03-15-2002, 01:19 AM
It is very nice. The drawing is perfect. Which is it size?.
I've never done puntillism, It seems as if you need a lot of patience. Which kind of pen is needed?.

sassybird
03-15-2002, 12:02 PM
Christie That is what I thought, but I want to keep it very light.

dolors This is about 5x7" It took approximately 9 hours to complete.

artdude
03-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi Sass:
Very nice ink work. The line and stippling go together very well. Your grasshoppers almost mirror each other too, balancing out the art work. I think you're right about having to continue with the watercolor. I think it will look just as good with it. Maybe even adding a background?? Be sure to post the end results :D

RuthT
03-15-2002, 04:10 PM
Lovely work Sassybird.

Reminds me of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's work. In some of his flower drawings he included little birds.

In his "Larkspur" he did quite pale washes, and in fact left parts uncoloured. Also included birds in his "Mixed Flowers"

There is a book on his flower paintings which you might be able to get at the library.

From all this you will gather that I am for some colour. :D

p.s. Love the title. :)

Christie
03-15-2002, 04:15 PM
I was thinking about this while I was on the way to work. IMHO I think that if you you do pale washes with tranparent colours, it should be fantastic!

dnip24
03-15-2002, 06:24 PM
Excelente! I love that combination!

seejay
03-15-2002, 11:02 PM
sassybird,

This is nice point work! You are very patient, obviously.

Don't know much about colour, so I won't make any suggestions.

If you wait long enough there won't be any flower left to put colour on anyway....:D

Chris

NorahT
03-17-2002, 05:32 PM
A great subject and drawing. I think I hint of colour would be a good addition :)

sassybird
03-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Thanks for you comments. I think I will add just a hint of color here and there in very thing wash.