PDA

View Full Version : ebay name-ebay game

Dave Carter
03-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Hi All,

Been doing the ebay game for a month now and it is certainly entertaining! Better than prime time. Only sold one small painting so far, our collectables, that we have amassed over the past few decades, seem to be drawing more interest at the moment. Somehow I don't care, its fun! And I have managed to make more money than I spent.

I was looking for a good used Inuos2 9x12 tablet and noticed that one seller did not get any bids, so I e-mailed him and ended up buying the tablet at a very low price. Now if it just shows up in the mail!

Our (my wife Carol, daughter Jess and myself) ebay name is: daveandcarols. Jess is the one doing most of the work getting things posted and I handle e-mails and transactions, while Carol does much of the photography...real team effort.

CarlyHardy
03-14-2002, 01:22 PM
Dave, you're right....selling can be just as addictive as buying on ebay!!

Glad that you've been successful with your auctions!
carly

CathyD
03-14-2002, 01:56 PM
That's great Dave! I run auctions once a week and it is fun... but what is really fun is getting a paycheck every week!
Keep on Ebaying!
Cathy

pixieled
03-14-2002, 01:58 PM
That's great, Dave! Sounds like you're all having a blast.

I haven't sold many paintings yet on Ebay, but have of prints. And lately I've been listing some miniature handmade items both my mom and I have created for dollhouse collectors. Almost all I put up for that is quickly snatched up. I'm just waiting for that one more feedback before using buy now. ;)

I just recently started painting again after probably a month off. Had a huge amount of "painter's block". Boy! That made me feel like I lost my arm or something. Feeling better now though. Still iffy on selling paintings on Ebay though. Maybe someday I'll figure out what really works.

Oh! BTW, I'll have to definitely tell my mom about your Pillsbury Cookie jar you have up. She collects all sorts!

Dave Carter
03-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Carly, Cathy, thanks guys. Sure took me long enough to get the ball rolling! Aiming to put up new stuff every week.

Pixeled, don't worry too much about blocks that last months, worry about the ones that last years...been there.