PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the Lion - Silhouette

artdude
03-13-2002, 06:09 PM
Thought I would post this silhouette drawing I did some time ago. I think that swordsman has his work cut out for him :D
Used india ink and brush for this.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Mar-2002/silhouette1.gif

dolors
03-14-2002, 01:15 AM
Very nice drawing. The lion is impressive.

artdude
03-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanks dolors. I hope I haven't posted this before but now I am getting the feeling I had :( I'll have to back check some of the posts.

sassybird
03-14-2002, 02:23 PM
I've always enjoyed silhouettes. With the softened edges it gives the piece movement, and I like that very much. If you would like to see some more silhouettes check out Lady Grey's work in the alternative/mixed medium forum. She does hers by cutting paper. Might give you some ideas in your own work if you decide to do more of this.

The sectioned portions of the lion are very well done. The same thing with the clouds and the sun. I'm glad you didn't do it with the gladiator though. I think that would have been too much.

artdude
03-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks for your comments Sass :) I will certainly check out Lady Grey's works. The cut outs sound interesting :cat:

RuthT
03-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Nice work Artdude. Great movement in the swordsman.

I don't remember seeing it before, but when I first joined I posted only in the watercolour forum so I could have missed it. Glad I got to see it now. :)

artdude
03-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks for commenting Ruth :) How's your ink work been going? Anything new??

NorahT
03-17-2002, 05:42 PM
I love your approach to this piece. I don't remember seeing it before, but in any case it would certainly stand a second look :)