PDA

View Full Version : James Dean meets Bilbo Baggins!

Jason Seiler
03-13-2002, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone, this is a new one I just finished of my sister in law's dad, had lot's of fun with this one, working on a new one of Morgan Freeman...besides that, been super busy, hope all is well, take care...:rolleyes:

LLBadgerow
03-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Again I say.......

Outstanding, simply outstanding!

Thank you for sharing!

Linda

Ps: Just back from your portfolio sight. Great job! They'll be banging down the door soon enough....and then thats all we'll hear from you! "Oh that Jason? He's so famous...can't post at the wet canvas anymore........." :(

Jason Seiler
03-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Ha! Thanks Linda for the kind words, I'm glad you checked out my new site, I'm real excited about getting my stuff on there. I hope it does well for me, but as far as being famous......:rolleyes: hmmmmm? I'll leave that job to the movie stars, and still hang out with all you WC folks! BTW I just heard a gunshot outside to my left, I think in the Burger King parking lot! -Seriously!

Back to caricaturing, I'm almost finished with a new one of Morgan Freeman, I'll be posting that on portfolios.com as well.

Take care,:D

LarrySeiler
03-14-2002, 06:57 PM
Knowing where Jason lives, if he said he heard a gun shot...believe me, he did!

Nice work Jace...

Daaaaahd

LLBadgerow
03-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Gunshots......not good. Yes, believable.

Do you not find this distracting? The TV throws me for a loop!

Mr. Seiler, parenting is tough........I cant imagine your postion, yet. Mine is only 14

Linda

PS: Please steer clear of your windows and thin walls!!

Jason Seiler
03-14-2002, 08:50 PM
That's the first gunshot I've heard in about three years....no worries!

Take care, :rolleyes:

LarrySeiler
03-14-2002, 08:51 PM
hahaha...well, without exaggeration....for every ten times we talk on the phone...I'd have to say of eight of those calls, his mom and I will hear a squad car siren in the background over the phone!

Must provide him a lot of stimulation for creative ideas.

(and to think...we moved from a city of 200,000 when he was five years old to raise him in the country six miles outside a town of a whopping 8,000 people.....so that he'd know safety, serenity!)

Larry

LarrySeiler
03-14-2002, 08:56 PM
ahh....there you go! Like your pinhead!!!!

Daaaaahd

NYIllustrator
03-25-2002, 10:33 PM
I live in New York City, you get so used to the sirens, you almost miss em when your not here. lol. As for sound while working, I always have music or a movie on in the background. Can't stand silence while Im working.

Jason Seiler
03-26-2002, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I usually got some music cranken! I never really notice the sirens that much, except when I talk to my parents on the phone. It seems like everytime I talk to them, they're like...."Oh, there's another siren, oh, and another one!" That's about it.....I guess New York must be the same!

LarrySeiler
03-26-2002, 11:01 AM
hahaha...my preferred and frequent work environment is with my easel set up about a 1/2 mile in woods along some fast running waters and falls. You hear loud silence...gurgling constant sounds of water, undertow's, swirls and rocks, and frequent birds making melody, perhaps a deer breakin brush to get a drink off some shore's rock. No sirens, no cars, no phones, no music....hhhmmm...bet that would drive some of ya'lls crazy!!!! hahahaha.....

Daaaaahd (ie, Larry)

maha
04-02-2002, 09:59 PM
I think you could add this to your celebrity caricatures and it would pass as the actor who played Bilbo. It looks just like him (James Dean....not so much). This one is very well done as usual Jason. And stop random gunfire...it's down right stupid.

onefromheaven
04-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Jason,
This is fabulous work.:clap:This is my first visit to illustration but certainly not my last....now , off to check out your web sites.:)

and Larry, I like your kind of noise too. :)

TeAnne
05-03-2002, 07:39 PM
OMG, that is SOOOOOOOO good. The rendering is perfect. WOW :clap: :clap:

orchidlover6
05-06-2002, 01:48 PM
this is very good. love it.

LarrySeiler
05-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Jason's been pretty busy, but I'm sure he'll pop in here soon.

He took on a side job opportunity at the Navy Pier in Chicago, actually working one of those caricature booths. Also, the magazine he works for, recognizing his talents with caricature is helping Jason set up a total business aspect with it, including sponsoring him and sending him to major caricature events across the country.

If you are in the Chicago area...check out the Navy Pier along the lakeshore, and see if Jason is not working. Say hello!!! (tell him his daddy sent cha!!)

Larry

strawberry
05-08-2002, 02:49 PM
I tried to do a sketch of a famous person recently, and quickly gained new respect for Jason's talent. It isn't easy to do. I think caricature is even more amazing, because you'd have to figure out exactly which features to emphasize and exaggerate. I came over into this forum to have a look and see if I could pick up any tips.

Congrats to you on the new job. I hope you enjoy it.

TainQ2
05-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Neat and sweat:clap:

Jason Seiler
05-10-2002, 10:46 AM
I am very flattered, the truth is, it's very hard work, doesn't come easy to me, I work at it every day. I'm very excited about working at Navy Pier, my first day will be June 5th....I will be trained how to use the airbrush. Should be lots of fun.

I do not yet concider myself a pro, always learning and growing, hopefully that's how it will always be, but if any of you would like to try caricature, I am more than willing to give tips, or teach what I know.

Take care,:D