PDA

View Full Version : KOI COLLAGE-Studio Clean-up

beebluefern
07-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi...thought I would post this very simple collage I made yesterday after I had done a ransacking of the studio to clear out the clutter! I found this little watercolour I had done a couple of years ago, some script printed vellum and hand made paper, two lengths of paper twine and a copper pendant....put them all together and mounted on a sheet of 140 lb Arches to give it some strength. Thought I might see about getting it matted and framed. Any suggestions for that? I've also given you a view of the watercolour by itself...quite fun to do as it was an experiment with dropping paint onto wet paper and seeing what appeared...Koi appeared!!!:D
Thanks for having a look! C&C welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2006/34609-KOI_COLLAGE_1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2006/34609-KOI_WATERCOLOUR_ELEMENT.jpg

Mary Woodul
07-09-2006, 01:53 PM
It looks very nice Pam. I like your composition and the letter gives it a nice touch.

Jakeally
07-09-2006, 02:11 PM
The simplicity of this is what makes it work for me. I love the way your experiment developed but the way you put the different elements together is inspired. I think this needs to be framed by someone who knows what they are doing. To my mind at least two matts and a very simple frame but heck ... what do I know:D
If you do get it really well framed I think you are going to be blown away with the result. You will be saying ...'did I really do that':D

beebluefern
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
It looks very nice Pam. I like your composition and the letter gives it a nice touch.

Thank you Mary...I wasn't sure what to use in that space until I found that velum with the script on it and then I knew that was what was missing from the composition.:D

beebluefern
07-09-2006, 03:14 PM
The simplicity of this is what makes it work for me. I love the way your experiment developed but the way you put the different elements together is inspired. I think this needs to be framed by someone who knows what they are doing. To my mind at least two matts and a very simple frame but heck ... what do I know:D
If you do get it really well framed I think you are going to be blown away with the result. You will be saying ...'did I really do that':D

Thank you Chris. I really would like to see this professionally matted and framed (gotta save some $$ for that)...I know it will be pricey, but I do have a framer close by who gives me really great prices. Maybe I'll have enough in a couple of months to get it done!:clap: :thumbsup: