PDA

View Full Version : another monotype

colin
03-12-2002, 03:33 AM
Here is a kind of Fitz Hugh Lane - ish one , oils on lt. blue Magnani Pescia paper . Boy what a difference nice paper makes !!

sassybird
03-12-2002, 08:11 AM
Colin, I can't wait to see more from that proof press you have...lol
This is beautiful. I hope you have a well ventilated area to work in though. I can't do any intaglio until spring when I can open all the windows in my studio. If your work starts becoming abastract I am going to call 911 to check on you:D :evil:

Gisela
03-12-2002, 09:26 AM
Beautiful, beautiful! This has a wonderful mood/atmosphere to it. It looks like your putting your new press to good use!.

Gisela

artman2384
03-12-2002, 08:16 PM
colin,
Awesome job:clap: :clap: I love how you have done the sky.

REMBRANDT
03-13-2002, 07:02 PM
What a beautiful firey glow! I admire that you can achieve such an effect. And it is a monotone yet? Wow. It is hard enough with oils with all their layers of translucent colors giving that glow.

chris 97
03-13-2002, 08:57 PM
marvelous monotype, looks like an old master's painting!
POWER TO THE PRINTERS OF THE WORLD!:)

colin
03-15-2002, 03:45 AM
Thanks folks for the kind words !

More and more lately Ive been thinking that the qualities that make a painting appear " luminous" have more to do with value and unified colors ( using the same colors in all the parts of the thing ) than they do with glazing, mediums or ground . I guess I'm thinking of Church's quick stuff on paper - hardly any medium used, no glazing, yet incredibly brilliantly luminous . ( Sigh... )

Thanks for the warning , Sassybird ! I'm not using anything really volatile though, just paint thinner . If I try etching I think I will give that electro-etching thing a shot rather than fool with acid right off the bat .

Colin

AmyH
03-17-2002, 02:39 PM
nice one colin. keep em comin

DuncanBerenice
03-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi Colin

this is a really nice print, I do like the colours that you've used

Duncan

REMBRANDT
03-28-2002, 12:57 AM
Just keep thinking of the glow you are going for ... and wanted to tell you to check out Frederic Edwin Church, esp. his Cotopaxi, Ecuador.