PDA

View Full Version : B. Mantalbo

sassybird
03-11-2002, 10:56 AM
I used colored ink as well as black in this one with some silver highlights that don't show well in the photo. The whole piece is in pointilism.

dolors
03-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Very nice drawing Sass. I have never used blue ink. The result is fantastic.

busy91
03-11-2002, 02:15 PM
This is something else, how long did it take to finish?

artdude
03-11-2002, 02:49 PM
I REALLY like this one Sass :clap: :clap: :clap:
Seems like you have done quite a few stippling (pointillism) pieces. Are you doing anything new with this pen technique? The colored ink is something my wife is trying to get me to incorporate in some of my stippling work. Now that I have seen yours, I think I might just consider it.

Once again AWESOME INK WORK!! :D

Surfinia
03-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Ohhh, this is soooo good! Subject and technique are excellent.

I'd sure like to see a couple close up shots of this.

light
03-11-2002, 11:26 PM
This is very nice. If it looks this good on a scan I can just imagine how great it looks in person.

sassybird
03-12-2002, 07:20 AM
Surfina I will try to get some closeup shots of this later today and will post them here.

artdude I haven't done any of this, well, not a whole piece in some time, but I do incoporate pointilism in work I do sometimes. I know you are color blind, but your wife could guide you in your color choices if you want true color for certain things, or you could just go completely abstract and have fun :D

busy91 This piece is a 6x9", and it probably took me about two days to do all the work. At that time I was doing nothing but art. Fortunately I am in that position again and can play to my hearts content.

dolors I inherited a box full of colored inks from a shop I used to work in that went out of business. They owed me some salary, so I took it in trade for paper, ink, and a great light table....lol I think I got the best of that exchange. I still use the light table and the inks, and I have had them for nearly 20 yrs now.

RuthT
03-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Beautiful Sassybird. :)

Great colours, and I like all the curves in the work, they give a great flow and movement for the eye.

I'm looking forward to seeing the close up too.

NorahT
03-17-2002, 05:21 PM
Great pen work and a lovely design :)