PDA

View Full Version : late FND skull

sundiver
03-11-2002, 06:18 AM
To me the vegetation was as important as the skull..they're becoming one, so to speak.
This is oil pastel with india ink. I'm not entirely happy with it-scraped off the ink with a screwdriver so no wonder.I should get some proper tools.

busy91
03-11-2002, 10:27 AM
WOW, this is really nice. I like the colors a lot. I can't work oil pastels for the life of me, seems like you've mastered it. :cool:

orchidlover6
03-11-2002, 10:48 AM
wow sundiver. You sure made this look like decomposing bone! Wonderful job. I can't tell where you scraped the ink off. I didn't do the vegetation, it scared me to try to do it in b/w.

pencils4me
03-11-2002, 10:52 AM
I really like this ..........The skull really stands out and at the same time becomes one with the vegitation - you achieved what you set out to do! terrific.

TJ

sundiver
03-11-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks, guys! :D
orchidlover6, I covered the whole thing with ink, and scraped and scratched it off selectively. But I don't have the proper tools for that..just use whatever's handy. Hence the screwdriver instead of a "real scraper" thingamabob.

digistyle
03-12-2002, 06:02 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2002/eek.gif Wow! I'm liking this technique a lot! Very, very well done!

digistyle

TeAnne
03-12-2002, 06:18 PM
WOW a sgraffito. I love doing this. Have you tried the acrylic over the oils. What a thrill to see one posted. Well done. :D

greencook
03-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Sundiver,
This is really cool. You sure did meld the vegetation and bone with each other. Good color choices!
I've come back to look at this several times. ..............Its stuck in my skull - sorry couldn't help it.

Very well done, even if you didn't have a proper thingamabobby! :D

Have a great day! :)

RedShoes
03-13-2002, 06:15 PM
This is some good eye candy! On the one hand....it looks like some metamorhpsis thing going, the hand melding with this bone and then the colors are just great and the TEXTURE! I really like this style and I hope that you continue with it. Good stuff!

sundiver
03-14-2002, 04:38 PM
It's called scraffito, TeAnne? Cool. Way more sophisticated than what I've been calling it, which is a "Scratchy Thing".
So if you love to do this, does that mean you have some to show me?? :D :D Because I'm just making it up as I go along.
I tried acrylics instead of ink on a test piece, and it didn't scratch off very well. Extra stuff pulled off when I scratched.
Thank you all for your encouragement!