PDA

View Full Version : gilding

celticrichard
06-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I have some faux golden leaf ,but i cant remember what it said in the book i read around a year ago about putting it on.Its for a lettering,i also have gold ink so i would appreciate a illustrated method of how to aplicate the leaf on a surface.thank you.

Merry Scribe
06-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Richard if I can attach this file I think this may help you it is instructions for applying gold leaf. I am sorry that it is a little blured but I think you will still be able to read it. I hope this helps.

celticrichard
06-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks Mery Scribe,as usual,you are great help.But i would be thankfull for a litlle more information.

Merry Scribe
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Richard that is all I have on it the main thing to remember is you have to go slow and layer the gold leaf. It should be rubbed on each time and smoothed out with a very flat smooth instument like a small oil trowl.

Merry Scribe
06-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Richard that is all I have on it the main thing to remember is you have to go slow and layer the gold leaf. It should be rubbed on each time and smoothed out with a very flat smooth instument like a small oil trowl.

Merry Scribe
07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Richard I may have found something that might help you I hope that I am not to late.

Read the files in order they are on gold leafing.

celticrichard
07-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Merry Scribe,youre the BEST     I had heared of gesso but never found out really much about it.(spanish books of art are rubbish).ive been wondering:i have gesso already for my oil paintings,its in a paste,can i still use it?because im thinking in using gesso layer by layer making a nice raised letter or border, polishising it and carve maybe a flower ,a floriture or a nice thing in relief,then using my breath ,moisting it and then aplying the gold leaf.Sound like a good idea.But,woulds it works on watercolour paper or artificial ivory(made in plastic).

Merry Scribe
07-18-2006, 08:50 AM
You are welcome Richard I am glad that I was able to help you.

Good luck with the gold leaf.

Brian:wave: :D

Merry Scribe
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Merry Scribe,youre the BEST     I had heared of gesso but never found out really much about it.(spanish books of art are rubbish).ive been wondering:i have gesso already for my oil paintings,its in a paste,can i still use it?because im thinking in using gesso layer by layer making a nice raised letter or border, polishising it and carve maybe a flower ,a floriture or a nice thing in relief,then using my breath ,moisting it and then aplying the gold leaf.Sound like a good idea.But,woulds it works on watercolour paper or artificial ivory(made in plastic).

I do not see why you couldn't use the paste if that is what you have. If you notice in the instruction on how to prepare gesso they are making a paste. You already have the paste so why couldn't you use it.

I would try using vellium like the instructions say. It might work on watercolor paper I don't know about the artificial ivory.