PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Thursday, June 22, 2006 ****

Christie
06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Morning All!

We are under a thunderstorm watch right now. Last night there was one tremendous flash and then a clap of thunder, then all was quiet (except for the rain). I hope that tonight is quieter. My side of the bed was over capacity last night between frightened children and scared dogs.:D

I have been painting up a storm and am enjoying what I am doing so far. I am redoing a piece for the watercolour workshop I attended on the weekend. Having more than 2 hours to paint it in will be a big help.:rolleyes: Doing it my way will make it easier too.:D Certainly, i cannot wait to paint and that is not a usual thing for me these days.:)

Congratulations again to Marvin et al. New babies are always a wonderful thing.:)

Speaking of which, i had a great day with the twins. Actually my first two hours were spent with their big brother who wanted to go for a walk. Two kilometers later, he was still willing to keep going. I, on the other hand, needed a pit stop and some water.:D

HAWLTAIN

Hi to everyone else.

Take care.

Nacre
06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Mornin' Christie , which sounds very strange as we are both in our evening time :lol: :lol:

Christie
06-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Does rather... ah well, tomorrow is always a good thing to look forward to.:) Us westerners just get to live in everyone's tomorrows while it is still our today. Does that make sense?

Nacre
06-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Yep :p

lizcar57
06-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Hello fellow canucks!!!

I think I may get to paint tmrw!! Lots to do around here b4 i go away to BC for a week in July. I'll have to get over it!!! No thunder here last night. Our dog tries to dig herself through the walls.

Hello washers!!

Liz

Laurie2
06-22-2006, 02:43 AM
A Red Letter Day for me...:)
I would like to pass on a bit of my own news...this will tickle you ....Some of the very first paintings I ever did in Watercolour was with the Challenge...along with Kate, Judy and Pat....We would try to Wow everybody on a regular basis :)...Well...One of the first paintings I did was the Misty scene along by the Embankment at Niagara and I posted it in the Flipping Paint Challenge cos that's where I found the Ref..
(I think it was after that that the girls invited me to join them)... Well....Today it sold.....Yup...I sold my first Watercolour :):clap: :D :smug: :p

Yorky
06-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Morning all :wave:

Congratulations on your first sale Laurie :clap:

I can assure you, you will have many more, your painting skills have reallly taken off in the past year.

Still dull and quite windy here, 56F. Bowls this afternoon if the rain holds off.

Wonderful news of Marvin and Adeline - little Javier will change their lives.

Wishing all the Ontario Meeters a wonderful weekend - wish I was there. We have started tentative planning for a 2007 get together already :eek:

Off for a mooch around the forum, BBL

Doug

plec
06-22-2006, 03:26 AM
morning all bight but windy here, here is another flower I lost this one this year so glad I got the photo.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2006/78286-flowers_001.jpg

best wishes to all, Ken
Enjoy the bowls Doug.

jaydiva
06-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Good Morning all :wave:

Congratulations on your sale, Laurie :clap:

Christie i had to smile about your overcrowded bed :lol: I would have jumped right in there with you all because i do NOT like thunderstorms either :D

Hi Ken and Doug :wave:
Beautiful flower, Ken.

Busy day today: the usual painting class in the afternoon and claywork in the evening :clap: Inbetween I'll make another strawberry cake :smug:
the strawberries are getting ripe by the minute.

We had lots of rain last night and it's mostly cloudy now but warm. Humidity is way up and it feels like living in a green house (maybe i'll grow taller :lol: )

:grouphug:

laudesan
06-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Good evening from me.. Nearly 7.00pm already.

Was a funny day damp ish this morning and sunny later this afternoon.

Alan and I went to the Warehouse early this morning on the way to the train station to pick up the house sitter. We bought a TV stand, Dvd/Cd stand and a book case for 60.00 :P It is laminated chip board but looks o.k. and makes the Sitting room look a heck of a lot tidier..;) I want o buy antiques for the bedrooms and sitting room, but haven't found anything that grabbed me so in this country, so hence the el cheapo stuff that at least looks clean and tidy for now..

We have a house sitter for while we are away, a German lady named Elka. She seems really nice and practical too..

Tania rang just after lunch and asked us to go pick Elise up from pre=school and take her to Ballet classes. That got rid of a couple of hours as she doesn't like you t leave her there.

So very busy today..

Tomorrow we are attacking the wardrobes..:p

Alan thinks I am nuts spring-cleaning in the middle of winter..:D :p

Love and hugs to everyone..

Ken gorgeous flower, is it a primula??

Laurie congrats for your sale..

I lit another candle for Brant-Kevin-Sharon's Dad-Sprite Delight and one for everyone who needs it..

JJ.

plec
06-22-2006, 05:06 AM
JJ
yes it's an auricula, I collect them this one was called Chiffon.
Ken..

stephie20
06-22-2006, 05:21 AM
Morning all :wave: ......Didn't manage to get in the was yesterday, but have read through....still busy with website & stuff, takes so much time.......DP has agreed to buy me a new printer :clap: mine is ok for everyday stuff, but not brilliant on photos....it's getting a bit old now......... am getting the Epson R800 (http://www.epson.co.uk/products/inkjet_printers/Stylus_Photo_R800.htm), he says if I sell enough prints of my photos he'll buy me the A3 one later. If anyone is thinking of buying Epson printers, they offer a good service where can upload your own photo, and then they send you a print from the printer you choose, so you can see the quality before you buy..... also managed to win a paper trimmer on ebay for a good price

Elaine....Congratulations on your step towards going full time as an artist, you so deserve too, your work is awesome

Ken...your tulip pic is gorgeous

JT.......love the little birdies, I have been getting a few of those here, yes in London, suprising eh....what are they?

Roger.......beautiful roses..i love those old fashioned ones

Welcome to the forum Bralina :wave:

Lyn.......Sorry to hear your not feeling well.....(((((i)))))

(((((Jutta))))) (((((Sharon's Dad))))) (((((Otter & DH)))))

Pat.........think I would have pulled her out of the car...I hate people who do that... ((((((SWMBO)))))

Char.......I had to laugh at IBK :lol: .....don't you love em....I have a fireplace open, all those it's not a working one, and Pudsy is always going up the chimney...amazes me how he manages to get up there, he's so big he's nicknamed 'My Little Pony'....I am so glad I put wood floor in the lounge, it make it easier to sweep the soot up........

Congratulations to Marvin & Family

Congratulations on your first sale Laurie....

Have a great time everyone over there in Ontario :envy:

JJ.how did Tania's exam go?

:grouphug: to all....work to be done

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2006/36255-DSC_0030.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2006/36255-DSC_0095.jpg

painterbear
06-22-2006, 05:26 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter past 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Plane going by overhead right now.

I'm working on the last book in the group I'm proofing! :clap: Still need to write up a report on the problem pages and then I'm done!

I saw Ruth's comment about tearing up her portrait and starting over in yesterday's Wash. I'm about to join her with my Shaker Meeting House painting. I think I'll give it a try again....but on Arche's paper instead of the Canson Montval I used this time. I just can't get the washes to blend or anything like I usually do with this paper. :p

Laurie, Congratulations on your first sale! That is such a wonderful feeling, isn't it. :D

JJ, Glad you found a housesitter for while you are gone on your trip. What are Tania and Les going to do when they can't call you to babysit? ;)

Ken,
That is a lovely flower. It's a shame you "lost" it. I like the way the white in the middle creates a bulls-eye for the bees to find the pollen!

Christie,
Glad the workshop has gotten you inspired to paint again. I never seem to do anything worth keeping while at a workshop, too hectic, not enough time, etc. But it is nice to go home and put what you learned into a painting.

Jutta,
We bought some beautiful strawberries last week and I cleaned them and froze them for this coming weekend. I'll make another strawberry shortcake for breakfast on Sunday. (It is our day of indulgence with things that are a little sweet and fancier than our usual breakfasts. :D )

:envy: for the Ontario Meeting Participants this weekend. I know they will have a wonderful time getting to know one another and maybe even painting together! :envy:

Waving :wave: to Pearl, Liz (who posted her first photo in yesterday's Wash :D ), Doug, and all who are on the way!

SYL,

Sylvia

plec
06-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Hello again :wave: this post should get me minioned so I thought i should come and share the event with my friends
Ken..:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Olga
06-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Hi all,
I have a few minutes in between things in the office to say hallo--but this is mostly to say I might be off line for a few days because of a computer problem at home.. :( The screen on my laptop went black--from what I could figure out, it's just a switch that turns the screen off when I close the top, but it needs to go to a repair shopp and I don't know how long it will be before I'll get that fixed. ) I'll be dependent on Gene and Hannah letting me use theirs...and Hannah uses hers to study for her exams while Gene works on his... so not much access to be expected

((((LYN)))))--I hope you feel better SOON!!!

Stephie--those flower photos are plain gorgeous!

ken--happy onionhood!

Jutta--happy claying/painting/baking!

Congratulatiosn on your first sale, laurie!

Mustache or need to get wiggle on... :D so I'll :wave: to all before and aft and I'll be back.... eventually..
Olga

laudesan
06-22-2006, 05:51 AM
JJ
yes it's an auricula, I collect them this one was called Chiffon.
Ken..Are they ralated to the primula??

Stephie, Tania says she feels good about it, but hasn't the results back yet..

Sylvia that does happen sometimes and they get quite angry with me. I have to remind them I have a life too from time to time which I do know thanks to my friends for giving me a shove in the right direction.;)

laudesan
06-22-2006, 05:52 AM
Wont let me edit:( Stephie those are gorgeous pics, I snagged the second one..:)

JJ

plec
06-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Hi again JJ yes they are a kind of alpine primula they come in some really beautiful colour combinations,the attached photo is also of primulas, these were up to 4foot tall and i saw them at RHS.Wisley.,last week.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2006/78286-P1010004.JPG

laudesan
06-22-2006, 06:13 AM
What a pretty photo and what gorfeous flowers bith Primula and auricula are. Primula are one of my favourite flowers. :)

Uschi
06-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Dull and humid, supposed to get sun.

I picked up guest from the airport last night, so my time on the computer and WC is going to be quite limited for the next few weeks because if we are not talking or doing things he will also want to use the computer.

I read everything, congralulations to Laurie and thanks for the gorgeous photos Stephie and Ken. Stephie, are we still allowed to snag now that you are selling/professional - congratulations by the way!!!!!!!

O.K. :wave: sending good wishes and HAWLTAIN!!!!!

Char, did you take photos at the gallery????:angel:
Uschi

Laurie2
06-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Super flowers Stephie...With my first `pay' I bought some canvas boards so will have a go at one of those flowers...iffen you dont mind :)
I am not really a flower person but this will be by way of a celebration LOL

CharM
06-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Good morning Washers... you can cut the humidity with a knife in SW Ontario this morning... BUT... the sun is shining and it's not too hot... good omen for the Ontario Meet... :D

We're leaving this afternoon some time to drive to Gail's... since we're leaving Matt ALONE for 4 days, I didn't want to take off too early... He's annoyed that I don't *trust* him... :lol: He's 17... that's sufficient explanation.

We have always repaired to the back porch during thunderstorms... our hydro (electricity) usually goes out anyway... and we love to watch the wind and rain... we're often treated to a light show... So... when the thunder starts up in earnest, I brew a fresh pot of coffee... in no time, we usually all end up sitting outside... lots of great conversations and laughter have happened during a storm!

:lol: at your crowded bed, Christie! So glad that your muse has taken over... I NEVER paint anything worthwhile at workshops...

:wave: Liz and Auntie P...

Congratulations Laurie! You'll have many more sales, but none will be as sweet as your first one!

Fancy planning your trip around the Ontario Meet INSTEAD of visiting your Son and his family, Doug... hehehe... NOT... we'll be thinking of you!

Congratulations on reaching Minionhood, Ken!

Make two cakes, Jutta and package one up to send to Canada... I LOVE strawberries! :D

The chipboard/formica stuff does serves its purpose, eh, JJ? We've got some, too... I'd love to move my Studio into the front room of the house, but can't afford to replace my desk (which would be going in there too)... I want a desk unit that's a quality piece of furniture instead of the pre-fab stuff I currently have... Can't afford the good one... not moving till I can... hehehe

Congratulations on the new printer, Stephie! Those pics of yours are gorgeous!

((Sylvia))... so sorry about your painting... and so frustrating!

If I had to share my computer with Ted and Matt, I'd never get on it... (((Olga)))... well... you'll just have to paint while your laptop is being serviced...

No photos yet, Uschi... All the entries are being arranged in groupings... it really will look nice when it's finished... Enjoy your time with Fokker...

I need to get a wiggle on too... so mustache... hehehe

Warm thoughts and positive energy beaming to all... hawltain!

Little Old Lady
06-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Greetings:wave:
Great pictures today.
Healing vibes to Lyn. We really worry about you.
Congrats to Laurie. Sales are confidence builders.
Errands this morn. Resale shop this aft.
Have a good one.
Alphabet soup.
JoAnn

olliewood0702
06-22-2006, 08:49 AM
HAPPY DAY WET ONES!!:wave:

GORGEOUS sunny day here BUT...so humid it seems to suck the air right out of your lungs!! Sauna for free...:lol: What it does to hair is NOT a pretty sight....I do not have naturally curly hair....just poker straight....will NOT curl on mornings like this.....:rolleyes:

STEPHIE those pics are FABULOUS!! You sure do deserve that new Epson printer!! :thumbsup: :clap:

I like primula's too Ken...nice pics.

(((OTTER)))) have a wonderful trip, you deserve it.

Hello JJ!!
Hi Sylvia...yum...fresh strawberries...LOVE this time of year.
Congratulations Laurie2 on your first sale!
Morning Uschi, Olga and Char!!
Pat, hugs to SWMBO for future knee replacements. I know what you are saying about parking spaces! UGH...some people's kids hey??:lol: :rolleyes:

Hello Doug! Are you coming to the Ontario meet NEXT year??

:envy: :envy: of the Ontario meeters.....sniff....

Well hello to any I've missed and to AWAYTC have a wonderful day and be creative!!:wave:

keysgram
06-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Good mornin' All!

Laurie -WHOO-HOO!! way to go girl:thumbsup:

:wave: HELLOOO to Christie, Pearl, Liz, JJ, Doug, Ken (:thumbsup: ), Jutta, Stephie, Syl, Olga, Uschi and Char, Joann and Darla:wave: and all to come:wave:

I am sad today....:(

My wonderful little puppy Cooper must find another home...:(

My DH is very allergic, and is getting worse - he hasn't slept for a couple of nights now due to asthma attacks. He can't get them under control with his puffer, and it is only getting worse:(

My job today is to look for a new home for him...
We got sooo attached after just a few weeks. The little guy follows me everywhere:):(:)

Must go, not feeling very chipper...
HAWLTAIN

Linda

artmom
06-22-2006, 09:39 AM
:wave:

Feeling a bit more normal today.

Thanks for expressions of concern.

HAWLTAIN

May your today be all that you want it to be.

Lyn

Europa
06-22-2006, 10:03 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Not been in work today - I wasn't so good during the night - must have been that chocolate gateux I had - the last piece not the whole thing.....lol

Laurie - congrats on your first sale. :clap:

Stephie - fabulous photos girl. :clap:

Lyn - glad you are feeling better ((((((((())))))))

Linda - sorry you have to get rid of your dog.

Char - laughed when I read about you leaving Matt home alone and him not being happy that you don't trust him - we had an article in the local paper - a couple left their 18 yrs old son home alone for the first time - he got drunk and high on drugs - took his Dad's car and smashed it up.....they were not happy when they got a call from the police.........oops.......of course I know Matt won't do things like that. :thumbsup:

Jamie rang me earlier - he was halfway through a sentence when he shouted ' Oh **** ' and the phone went dead :eek: - he rang me back 5 mins later - he was at the college on the shuttle bus (we run a bus service between campuses) and he had the future mother in laws dog Milo (a staffordshire bull terrier) as she was away on holiday.

He decided to take the dog to work with him - a lovely even tempered dog but stupid......lol......while he was talking to me Milo had seen some boys playing football on the playing field and made a bid for freedom through the window and went off to join in the game........lol. Jamie said he was running around like an idiot trying to catch the dog......lol.

Waving to everyone - sending white light and hugs

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

JudyL
06-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Good Morning, :wave:
Nothing to report, we are heading down to the Bay Area this weekend, some of us to avoid the predicted 107 degree temp here. Son-in-law's mother is having their 3rd annual golf tournament this weekend so kids are heading down, and I do not want to stay here alone, they would find me Sunday evening melted into a puddle. I still don't know where I will be sleeping, I have the offer of my neice Betsys couch, which is wonderfully comfy, and the possibilty of the couch (not as comfy but convienient) of SIL's mothers sofa. But as I will be without car.....don't know. An adventure I guess.
My time here is coming to a close, and I really cannot wait to get back to the good old UK and my own home, bed and friends, not to mention dear old Jack. He has arranged to have a day or two off, so will be meeting me at Heathrow! Lovely man.
Another hot day today, so I'd better get things done early.

Ta

JudyL

yahooserious
06-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, I was going to come on and try to reply to everyone, but.....Matthew McCaunaghey is on Ellen, so I'll be back in about an hour!!!:D :D :D

Emilie

Christie
06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Back again.

Linda I am sorry that Cooper needs to find a new home. I would offer to take him, but, with three dogs already the house is full.:(

Pat, pretty fast turnaround for your mum's knee replacement! How does she feel about having it done? Still really enjoying that puzzle site. Thanks for passing it on.

JJ, Les and Tania need to understand that you are not there for their convenience. It's nice for the grandkids to visit, but when it becomes a burden, then it is not fun for anyone.:( Sorry, it's a bugbear of mine as my brother and his wife do that sort of thing with my mum and dad.

Char, do you follow a cartoon called Zits? One of the main characters is having a house party while his parents are away. Enough said...:D Here's the link (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/zits.asp). The son is about the same age as Matt. Read back a few strips...:D

Oops, need to go. The garbage men are stealing the dog's garbage (or so they are telling me).

Hi to everyone else.

Take care.

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

Hi to Christie, Pearl, Liz, Laurie, Doug, Ken, Jutta, JJ, Stephie, Sylvia, Olga, Uschi, Char, JoAnn, Darla, Linda, Lyn, Pat, JUdyL, Emilie, and all those yet to come.

Christie - did you get any sleep last night.

Pearl - hard to get use to the different times around the world sometimes.

Liz - Hope you do get to paint today.

Laurie - congratualations :clap:

DOug - wish you were going to be there also, maybe someday I'll make it across the pond.

Ken - what kind of flower is that? Opps just found out....

Jutta - Send some rain over here.....ahhhhh also some strawberry cake.:D

JJ - Have a good day JJ, how is the flooding in the studio going.

Stephie - no doubt in my mind your photos will sellm just look at these two.

Sylvia - shame about your painting, I think paper is the most important of the paper, paint, brush needs.

Olga - here is hoping its minor and back in no time.

Uschi - have fun and see you Saturday.

Char - Now you know Jutta has to send one to Texas first. :lol:

JoAnn - have a good day glad to hear the house thing has settled down.

Darla - Wish we could get some of that moisture, in rain form please.

Linda - know what you mean Marge and our DIL (oldest son's) are alergic to animals.

Lyn - Gald your feeling better got a little worried with you disappearing.

Pat - Hope all goes well with the Knee replacement. Re parking lots: don't you just love it when someone see you waiting and still tries to cut in and then pretends they didn't know you were waiting. Happens alot with local "soccer moms" and their big SUVs. Usually thats when I say "Darling, even you can't be that stupid":evil:

JudyL - Enjoy your time in London sounds like you intend to.

Emilie - Priorities Emilie Prorities

Just like my students I am doing my homework at the last minute. I am so disorganized when it comes to packing and preparing for a trip.

I am currently readina book that was refferred to in a thread here, "The Complete Gude to Watercolor Painting" by Edgar Whitney. I realize that most of you are already familier with it. So differrent is approach and treatment than the current watercolor books. Just the fact that most of the book and painting are in black and white is radically different. It does however show design and values clearly. Just a real good read.

Well I better get busy or I'll never get done in time.

HAWLTAIN BBL

pampe
06-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Thursday, washers and washerettes!!!

Off to organize for an important visit this weekend.....after a trip to the gym

Miss you all and wish I could catch up on these WASHES!

Mom is not doing well, but we have all the resources built around her for healing......maybe just time needed

Blessings

Pam

Christie
06-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Mike, thanks for asking. Yes, I did manage to sleep last night.:D

(((Pam))) Maybe she is just taking some time to adjust to the move?

Pat, re: parking, I drive a rusty 1990 Honda Accord. Normally the person trying to steal a spot from me is driving something much more expensive. I have less to lose should they move in on my spot and there be a collision.:D That being said, I mostly park at the far end of parking lots because I can avoid all of those problems. Can you not get a handicapped designation so you can park in a special spot when you mum is with you? I know you can do that here...

giddy up
06-22-2006, 10:33 AM
well....finished my latest and posted it....
The best horse I have ever painted......
everything clicked with this piece.

thanks and have a great day!!

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Greg your horse is wonderful. Don't know what the mystery colors is. The real question is can you paint Appaloosas? Love them, probably more for their history since my experiences with horses have all been pretty dismal (my fault, city/seacoast boy you know) and embarrassing. :o

giddy up
06-22-2006, 11:16 AM
We could paint one together!
they are full of dapples of color and unusual.
get a photo and I will talk you through it like Bob's WIP.
In Texas, you should have an abundance of equine to work from!!

G

JustjoGA
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Hello, Washers...
Meeting yesterday zapped all my strength...
I am at work, but working at snail's pace.
(((Lyn, Winnie, Pam's Mom, Otter/DH)))
(((Kevin/Pam, Spritey/Family, Sharon/Dad)))

Back when I get home if I'm able...

JustJo

Cathie Jones
06-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Good morning everybody! No time to play today . . . just finished a bank deposit for DH and have to get to work on a queen-size "Jacob's Ladder" quilt. Largest one I've done so far, and there are more parts to this thing than you could believe!! Pretty, though . . . lavender/green/cream are the main colors.

Stephie, all I can say about your flower photos is . . . WOW! Will you still love us when you're rich and famous???

(((Pam))) Hope your mom feels better soon. Mine at least has a little more energy, but still having a lot of pain from the shingles. The doctor prescribed Lidocaine patches, but she can't use them until the rash and redness are gone - burns too much now.

Y'all try to stay out of trouble today!!

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 12:47 PM
We could paint one together!
they are full of dapples of color and unusual.
get a photo and I will talk you through it like Bob's WIP.
In Texas, you should have an abundance of equine to work from!!
G
After the meet I may take you up on that.

giddy up
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Have a great time in Canada...eh?

:)

g

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 01:59 PM
you bet eh.

jaydiva
06-22-2006, 02:23 PM
hehehe made a strawberry cake and we already ate it :D That was lunch, coffeebreak and dinner all at once

Ken Happy Minionhood:clap:

Stephie, i can't wait to see your website ... Your photos are just out of this world gorgeous!!!!

Laurie that sounds like a very good celebration!!!:thumbsup:

Oh Char, Matt will do just fine. When Tim was turning 18 i was in Reha for 10 weeks and he was all alone, occasional visits from my aunt though;) . I didn't have a chance to think about all that he could do while i was gone and once i was back i didn't really want to know what went on while i was gone :D and the house looked suspiciously tidy :wink2:
I wish you were here Char, there are so many strawberries ... DH picked a whole bucket full this noon and i had to freeze most of them. I'm not gonna make any jams or jellies this year, still got tons of it from my neighbor and the ones i made last year and the year before and the year ..

{{{{{ Otter }}}}} have a safe and wonderful trip

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry you have to give Cooper to another home. {{{{{ Linda }}}}}

Lynmom, good to see you :heart: Hopefully whatever makes you feel bad goes away and stays there too.

Jeeeez Emilie Matthes McCauna... looks like you got your priorities right

Mike, i would love to sent you some strawberry cake ... if there was any left ;)

I'm so :envy: of the Ontario flingers

No claying (great word) this evening as my friends doggy is expecting puppies any minute, she's breeding Pulis and this is the second lot this year.
I got first dibs on cuddling the babies :) (i still got some clay at home so i could make a little something :D )

Painting was great, the twins were constantly fighting , Jenny (the teenager) fell asleep on her canvas , i wonder where she was :lol: and our youngest artist decided to paint only with green colour (including his shirt)
A real success today! Kids are so unpredictable ... I LOVE IT!!!

No choir rehearsal for DH so he will be home tonight maybe i'll get him to dig his hands into some clay

sweetapplez
06-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Happy Thursday washers! I am so stiff and sore today. We have a patch in

the back garden that is being taken over by wild blackberry vines so have

been digging them out. Man are those thorns sharp. Arms are all scratched

up--looks like I was in some cat fight. Spent the cool morning hours back out

there --I figure the best thing for aches and stiffness is to keep active.

Laurie..congrats on selling your first painting. That first is so special.

JJ..how is the flooding in your studio? Hope it didn't cause too much damage,

after all that hard work your hubby put into it.

Christie..I love thunderstorms. Reminds me of living in Ontario as a child.

Like Char we would always sit out on the porch to watch. Very seldom do

we have any here on the coast. Mostly up in the interior of BC around the

lakes.

Stephie..beautiful pics. I'm sure you will be very successful with them. Still snaggable?

Sylvia..too bad about your painting. I had some of that paper in a pad(prolly even worse quality than the sheets) and I couldn't make it behave either. So many sheets! Any chance you could exchange it?

Lyn..nice to see you back. Hope you are feeling better.

Greg..that is one beautiful horse! Almost expected him to speak to me! Oh yes a Wip would be great.

Pam..hope things improve for your mom. I'd hoped she would be adjusting to her new home with you but sometimes it just takes a little longer for folks at this age.

Jutta..Yum strawberries. My favourite. Please send some over here too.

Laughing because we have a tiny patch that yields just enough for a meal or

two for the two of us. There are lots of farms out in the Fraser Valley where

we can pick them up for a song but there is NOTHING like your own!

Mike..can you just swing by here and put me in your suitcase. Heck I'll even

pack for you! Have fun and no teasing about our patois eh.

Hi to everyone I may have missed and any yet to come and white light and

hugs for all in need. Cheers.....................Trish

Christie
06-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Jutta, sound like a day with the grade ones.:D They do kind of make you sit back and take a different look at life.

Did you know that you do not have to finish a painting in a day?:D I think I have finally absorbed this bit of information deep down. Sheesh, how many years have I been hearing that from everyone here...:D

Christie..I love thunderstorms. Reminds me of living in Ontario as a child.
Like Char we would always sit out on the porch to watch. Very seldom do
we have any here on the coast. Mostly up in the interior of BC around the
lakes.

Me too! I remember my parents getting us up to watch the storms when we lived in Ottawa. Out here they do not last as long as I remember from my childhood, but you can sure see them coming from a long way away!:D

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Trish I wish I could take everyone one with me. I've spent sometime in the Maritimes and Newfoundland and have been know years ago to refer to people as "bye" My grandmother (originally from from Quebec) used to tell me I'd spent way to much time out there. :lol:

I also know what you mean about the blackberry bushes as I lived for awhile in Blaine and Bellingham Washington. I do love the berries though, have them on my cereal in the morning but these cost an arm and a leg and are no where near as tasty as the one we used to get.

My homework is done. :thumbsup:

Everything is laid out to put in the bag.:thumbsup:

Got some reading stuff.:thumbsup:

Char she ate all the strawberry cake :crying: :crying: :crying:

Starsprite
06-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi ya'll! I thought I would pop in and let you know I'm ok. My sister's funeral was this morning, and it went fine. After the burial we all met at a restaurant and that was nice. I'm still pretty bummed about it...it will take some time. I painted this little ACEO sized angel and wrote some things on the back to my sister and put it next to her in the casket.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2006/6385-VALS_ANGEL_FINALSMALL.jpg

I put the baby in the angel's arms to represent Val's children, Breanna and Brandon whom she loved and cared about so much. Breanna is only 17, Brandon is 20. It's just that Val was so young, only 44 and she was the youngest girl in the family. There are four of us girls, no brothers. There were so many things I had wanted to do with her and wish I had done. So I am here to tell you not to wait to give your brother or sister or loved one a visit or a call because time is shorter than you might imagine.

I read the Wash but can't remember everything. I know that Laurie sold her first painting..and CONGRATS Laurie!! That is a wonderful feeling!

Jutta is making strawberry pies I think. Yum!

Matt is spending 4 days with run of the house... woo hoo! LOL! He seems pretty trustworthy to me, as is Jessica, I would trust her too. But Christine...NO!

Great pics of flowers..I snagged that pink one.

plec is a minion.congrats! Loved the flower.

JJ is going somewhere and has a house sitter. Where ya going again?

CRS has set in......gooby for now! :wave:

plec
06-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Patty my thoughts are with you
Best wishes, Ken..

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
(((Spritey)))

Although you can't see us we are there with you.

giddy up
06-22-2006, 04:08 PM
sorry spritey......((spritey))
that is a lovely angel....
we are her for you.....

g

giddy up
06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Mike......or other TEXANS....
have any longhorns you could send pics of?
not the Univ. of TX longhorns....the real mccoy
when I visited I was told they are hard to find, no one wants to raise
them because they are too nasty...
I really want to paint one...

G

Sharon Douglas
06-22-2006, 04:21 PM
(((((((((((Patty)))))))))))

My dad is doing fantastically well.

He has been sat up in a chair watching the football tonight, and he is getting moved out if intensive care onto a normal heart care ward tomorrow.

I can`t believ how well he is doing, to be honest he has amased me over and over again these last few years, with the lung cancer etc, then especially this year after the amount of heart attacks he has had.

Thankyou for all the white light, and hugs etc.

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Mike......or other TEXANS....
have any longhorns you could send pics of?
not the Univ. of TX longhorns....the real mccoy
when I visited I was told they are hard to find, no one wants to raise
them because they are too nasty...
I really want to paint one...
G
Drive by a place with longhorns out in the pasture everyday to work. Its the SouthFork Ranch. Yes the "Southfork Ranch" when the show Dallas was filmed. When I get back I'll try to get out there with the camera and get some shots for you.

Sharon isn't that great news about your Dad. :clap: A friend of mine had the same surgery and said he never knew he was feeling that bad until he felt so good after the surgery.

giddy up
06-22-2006, 04:49 PM
get a picture of Linda Evans for me while you are at it....:)

G

Yorky
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Great news Sharon - I'm so pleased for you.

Doug

hopefulbucky
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Great News Sharon!

(((Spritey))))

JustjoGA
06-22-2006, 05:36 PM
(((Sharon/Dad))) (((Spritey)))

Greg, you need to remember she is not
a young chick any more... maybe not my
age but somewhere up there... Besides, :D
it was Linda Gray in Dallas, not Linda Evans.

JustJo

yahooserious
06-22-2006, 05:41 PM
get a picture of Linda Evans for me while you are at it....:)

G

Wrong series, Greg...:D

Well, I was distracted after I watched Matthew... I'm going to Sherman tomorrow and had to get organized, do laundry, etc... But yes, my priorities are definitely in order!!:D

Sharon, I'm so pleased to hear your dad is doing so well!!

Sending you a big hug, Sprite.. Beautiful angel you painted for your sister..

I know I'm forgetting a lot....

Lyn, glad you're feeling better...

JJ.. hope your studio dries out...

Char...well.... I'm sure everything will be clean and tidy when you get home. :D

HAWLTAIN....

Emilie

madmum
06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
((((((Spritey)))))) I really must track down my little brother!

Sharon, that's wonderful news! I'm so pleased, you've all been through a rough time lately.

Greg, I don't see longhorns but I have pics of Herefords! ;)

Char, I don't think I'd trust my boy alone either, but I do know Amy is a fantastic house sitter (the place was cleaner and tidier than it's ever been when we got home last time! :D ) She'd like to visit Canada, maybe I should send her to keep an eye on your handsome son? :evil:

:wave: to everyone else, it's late and I should be getting to bed!

Hugs and white light to all in need,

Ruth

giddy up
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
any Linda will do......:)....even Linda Carter.....in her Wonderwoman costume

Greg

jaytee
06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I was wondering why I wasnt getting subscription emails on new wash posts..... then realise I hadnt posted !!!!

Think I took Char's new Sig line quote to heart and was frightened to type :lol:

Ended the day fixing a small fountain pump in the top terrace and adjusting it while it was running.... well how else can you ???? Result... wet knees, wet arms, wet sweatshirt, wet hair , wet specs :) Saves showering I suppose :D In the end decide to leave it bubbling not squirting :D

[[[[ Spritey ]]]] I'm sure that Angel was appreciated

Sharon.... that's is amazingly fantastic news about your Dad....... and to think they nearly didnt do the op !!! Hope the progress continues apace

Pam..... thinking of you and your mum........ Lyn.... glad you were up to popping in today.......

Laurie........ congrats on your first wc sale :)

Ken . ....an onion already............ fast work lad ..... you're a pretty A1 photographer too

Linda. ......sorry to hear you have to part with Cooper :crying:

Stephie .. Ive started to tell myself. 'well, Stephies a pro..... so no wonder her pics are so much more brilliant than yours jt" :D

Having a little fantasy here about a WC! wedding between Amy and Matt :D Now wouldnt THAT be fun :D trouble is its driven all else from my head !!!

Loking forward to a visit from Ruth sometime next week :) She needs to excape teens..... I need to relax... and PAINT.........gosh, retirement's exhausting !!! Didnt even get to go sing tonight after all ....... too tired to drive.........poor old lady that I am :lol:

Yawning..... so can feel an early night coming on.........

sorry if you didnt get a mention folks.........Christie. you made me smile but I cant remember what at :eek: but then you often do ... thank you :)

HAWLTAIN :grouphug: over and out.........

Dang... just had to remove half a dozen smiles.........

but it helped me remember.........Juttas' strawberrys, Uschis visitor , Mikes packing and the Ontario Meet........ one more failed post attempt and I might get everyone !!!!!

yahooserious
06-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Ok, Greg.. I'll give you wonderwoman!!!
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2006/18298-jokwondr.jpg

You're welcome!!!

Emilie

giddy up
06-22-2006, 06:15 PM
I need a few beers first........
QUITE a few....

G

stephie20
06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Evening all.......been watching the footy and managed to stay awake tonight....

Sylvia.....I knicked a strawberry plant off my dad, we have 12 on it..don't think it we'll have enough for a shortcake....

To everyone who asked.......yes of course my photos are snagable..you are my friends :) ....and thank you for all the nice comments.....

Laurie :)

Char...I remember when I left the boys alone for the 1st time, I came home to a hole in my living room door...one threw the punch, the other one ducked..:( .......at least Matt hasn't got a brother to fight with :)

Linda...sorry to hear about you DH, and sad to have to find you puppy a new home....I had the same with my cats years ago....I got rid of my husband :D

Pat..surely you can get a disabled badge...

Glad your feeling a little better Lyn

Pam....sorry to hear about your mum ((((i))))

Cathie....even rich & famous people need friends:lol:

Jutta.....Hope we get to see some pics of the puppies

Greg....Beautiful....would Love a WIP

((((((Spritey))))))

Glad to hear your dad's doing ok Sharon

JT.....:lol: at the picture of you fixing the pump whilst having a shower.....It does help to have a good camera and photoshop you know :)

Emilie..:lol: :lol: :lol:

Need a coffee and an early night :wave:

Laurie2
06-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh Golleeeee..... a horse WIP?.....Can I join in?...Can I ? Huh?...Huh?...Can I Huh?

Oh...and Thank you all for the congrats and stuff...head swelling a tad....Now I need a repeat performance LOL

Oh Emilie... Emilie... Emilie........you have me doubled up with laughter...what a great way to start my day...Wonder Woman...LOL LOL LOL

Thinks....Gulp...was I sposed to laugh.....Hope I didn't offend but...Ha Ha Ha ...caint help it....Ha Ha Ha

Europa
06-22-2006, 07:13 PM
((((((((((Spritey))))))))) - what a lovely little painting for your sister - I totally agree that we should remember to tell our loved ones that we do love them - every time I get off the phone my last words are always ' I love you' - as you say you never know what is going to happen.

I remember when our David died we put in a cricket set next to him.

The story behind that is that when he was a kid he always complained that he never had a proper cricket bat - just a crudely carved plank so to shut him up one day at a family party - my cousin nipped out and bought a child's cricket set - we all signed it and presented it to him. He was gobsmacked but really moved by it - so that is why we put it next to him.

Sharon that is great news about your Dad :clap: :clap:

Christie - even Mum was amazed at the time scale for the operation - her hip one took nearly 18 months on the waiting list - but although she doesnt like operations she said it all comes down to her quality of life. I think she is planning on a few more pub lock ins on the meets.....lol.

I do have a disabled badge - but this parking incident occurred in the disabled parking area - maybe its me but if there is a queue of cars I would have let people who were there in front of me go before me for a space - but after that incident - all sense of fair play went out of the window.

I was more annoyed as I didnt want SWMBO on her own in the hospital - one she can't always hear what is being said to her - and 2 she is apt to get lost - which was nearly the case when we came out of x ray and she tootled off down the corridor in the wrong direction - I just stood still and waited till she realised she was talking to herself.....oooh am cruel aren't I.....lol.

Well I have finally finished my latest portrait - I am just waiting for permission from the subject before I post it - have you all checked your mail boxes?? :evil: :p Have drawn out my next one - sooooo LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

This is just for fun - use your mouse to move the different pieces around and make your own 'Picasso' then save it to the online gallery after you have signed it.

http://www.mrpicassohead.com/create.html

JustjoGA
06-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, I got my laughs for today in these last posts...

Emilie... :D :D :D Ms America :D :D :D Lots of chuckles

Pat, your comments on SWMBO "tootling" off down the hall talking
to herself... I can just picture that ... and yes, "I love you"
is always my closing remark whether online, on phone or in person.
I told my little brother "I love you" on Saturday night, and by
Monday noon he was gone... I'll always be pleased that I can
remember that...

Tired, tired, tired... Hoping to sleep in tomorrow (opted not to
work extra hours) so I hope everyone else is traveling safely,
sleeping well, healling quickly, and feeling better...

:wave: :grouphug: and HAWLTAIN

JustJo

mmcaloon
06-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Oh I knew when he asked for wonder woman we were going to see her again.

Ok I'll get the Appaloosa Photo and we have a go at it after the meet.

Got to go pack and relax....I'll see ya in the AM

yahooserious
06-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh I knew when he asked for wonder woman we were going to see her again.

Sometimes I crack myself up!!!:D

Emilie

hopefulbucky
06-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Well Emilie you crack us all up so I am happy that you make yourself happy and crack yourself up too. That's a good thing :)

Whenever I want a giggle I just think of you spackle and pasting to get ready to go out shopping

laudesan
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Uschi have fun withyour guest..;)

Flooding has stopped it has seeped back into the ground until the next rain I guess. Alan doesn't know how to stop it. :(

I hope the Metter have an absolute ball!!!!!

Pam sorry yoour Mum is ill..

Pat lol at the dog..:D and Jamie :D:D

Hugs Judy.

Christie I know..

Oh I have to go, Alan is going to help me clean out the wardrobe "right now"!!!!

Hugs to all

maltman
06-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Spritey.....with you in spirit!

Stewartk
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM
HI Everyone!

Hope this finds you all well ! Been a very bust week here and the weather has been perfect... have not had much time to post but things are calming down and the Summer has finally started! .. The new paper form Fabriano.. was and is wonderful! I like the hot press very much as a do uite a lot of pen and ink with watercolour and it lends itself to that very very well!

Be Well,
stew]