PDA

View Full Version : Mandala #1 - First art posted

Aeolian Solo
06-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi, all,

Let me see if I can figure this posting-an-image thing out. If the picture doesn't appear properly, give me a couple of minutes to fix it.

I just completed a collage (well, I guess it's actually an assemblage b/c of the bamboo skewers and acrylic gems) that I'm planning to make my very first local juried show entry.

I honestly don't expect to win any awards, since it has to go in the "Painting" category and I know there are many, many fine painters here in Seattle, but I thought I'd better start getting out there!

Please tell me what you think (but don't be too harsh! :) ).

Thanks.

Oops, forgot the specs: Collage with Thai Unryu and printed papers, bamboo skewers, hand-painted paper, acrylic gems, acrylic and watercolor paints; support is Indian Village 300# watercolor paper, 12" circle.

Mary Woodul
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Patrick, first let me welcome you to the Mixed Media forum, something I forgot to do the other day.:o I love your Mandala, I think it is very intricate and vibrant, full of enery.

You never know what can happen in a juried show, you might be surprised.;)

Hope to see more of your work.

Sonia
06-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Nice work - the circular format makes a change from our usual rectangles.

Look forward to seeing more of your work. Good luck with the show entry.

kake
06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
i love it!!

mhimeswc
06-20-2006, 09:43 PM
I like it! Great combination of materials.

Michelle

Jakeally
06-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I love mandalas and this one is terrific. So vibrant.:clap: :clap: Good luck with the show Patrick:thumbsup:

Obedec
06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Cool.
Karen H

sara_no_h
06-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey! Really cool piece. Best of luck in the show!

Aeolian Solo
06-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you for all the support!

I know a *real* artist (;) ) shouldn't need any validation, but, who am I kidding? I'll take all I can get. I appreciate your comments very much.

I've been enjoying WC! very much since I first started lurking. This is a terrific bunch of (highly creative!) people, and it's wonderful to see all the beautiful things being created here. I've learned a lot so far, and I know I will gain a lot more as time goes on.

Thanks again, and I will post a pic of the next one when it's finished.

:)