PDA

View Full Version : Help needed.

Teea
06-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey.

Im having a bit difficult times at the moment and trying to find myself something else to think about- usually painting and drawing helps, but everything seems to get rather dull and Im loosing interest, what makes me scared- I need to get my passion towards art back, because is all I have :(

I would be so happy, if someone could help a little: I love making close and detailed portraits of animals, mostly pets- So, Im thinking if enyone has good photos of pets or other favorite animals, what I could use for watercolor paintings?

~Teea

plec
06-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Teea have you checked out the reference image library loads there.
best wishes, Ken..

hydgirl
06-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Teea,

What a lovely Avatar you have - it looks cute, cuddly and makes me smile. :D Did you create it yourself?

Cheer up pal - just go to the WC Reference Library, there are lots of pictures there. Other than that, surfbirds.net and birdforum.net are good sources of pictures of birds. Although you will have to get permission from the concerned photo owners. There is another site on flowers called flowerpictures.net which has wonderful pictures on flowers. The site says that the photos can be used freely.

Europa
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi Teea - there is another great site that I use a lot called www.morguefile.com it has loads of different photos - all free - some of the people just ask that you send them an email showing them how you have used their ref pic.

Good luck - looking forward to seeing what you do.

Pat

laudesan
06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Why don'rt you have a browse through the Learning Deom's. Click on the link in my signature line. You will get lots of inspiration there..

You could start a project. The Birds has nearly finished, but what about post cards "animals o the world A to Z" That would be so much fun!!!!!!!!

You will find the reference image library by clicking on the Content Area above and looking in the drop down..:)

There are literally thousands of photographs all royalty free to inspire you..

Cheers JJ

jaytee
06-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Teea... sorry to hear your going through a bad patch.... youll find lots of cat pics in this thread.......... mostly mine but a few others too......... and you can snag and paint any of mine you like.... just let me know :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319459&highlight=cats+jean