PDA

View Full Version : Mage's Keep

Lumina
03-09-2002, 01:08 PM
This was done a few years back. It was part of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. It was one of my first pen and ink projects.

dolors
03-10-2002, 02:58 AM
Well done Lumina. It seems a tale illustration, but where is the dragon?. Do you have more like this?

artdude
03-11-2002, 02:55 PM
VERY nice ink piece for being one of your first attempts at it :D Have you done anything new lately that you can post?? I really like Fantasy Art stuff :)

baquitania
03-11-2002, 04:57 PM
I cast levitate to reach the top level, and invisibility to land. Once I'm there, I send out a pyrotechnics burst to tell my troops to charge the gaurds at the base, and I use my knock spell to gain entrance to that suspicious looking door... any loose gems on the floor? is the dragon sleeping? what's my chance to hear noise?

Bobby "D&D addict" Aquitania

Lumina
03-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by baquitania
I cast levitate to reach the top level, and invisibility to land. Once I'm there, I send out a pyrotechnics burst to tell my troops to charge the gaurds at the base, and I use my knock spell to gain entrance to that suspicious looking door... any loose gems on the floor? is the dragon sleeping? what's my chance to hear noise?

Bobby "D&D addict" Aquitania

First roll me a dex check at -2 for the high winds....ok you passed...as you land and cast invisibility the winds pick up making spellcasting difficult....you passed. After you cast the pyrotechnics spell it sets off a trap....as you look up you see the seemingly stone gargoyles come to life....Ok....now roll me inititive.

"Fellow Addict" :D

sassybird
03-12-2002, 07:36 AM
Lumina, I never got into Dungeons and Dragons, but I do read a lot of fantasy and scifi, David Eddings in particular, and this reminds me of some of the things I have seen in my mind from reading his books.

The way the piece is floating it IS a mages keep:D You did some really good line work on this. I think I would like to have seen some clouds floating around the keep though. Just a little more mystique, but other than that I can't see a thing I would change. Good job:clap:

RuthT
03-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Enjoyed seeing your work Lumina, and all the textures and different techniques. :)

baquitania
03-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Ack! Gargoyles? Can you say cube of force now?

But on a serious note... would love to see more D&D work here, I think I'm the only one brave (nerdy) enough to admit it :D

Bobby